Charcoal venice -outstanding (redux)

Charcoal also has a “bar only” menu that includes a really good burger…though I believe the burger is also on the regular menu for weekend brunch.

1 Like

Hi @NewTrial,

Nice! Good to know. :slight_smile: Thanks.

The duck is huge. I don’t know too many folks that could eat one alone. And paired with something else…fuggetaboutit

1 Like

A friend of mine went on my recomendation. They called first and were told there was no duck. I called back for them and spoke to the manager who spoke with the chef and allowed them to serve 18 day aged duck which got rave reviews.

2 Likes

how much is this senior duck?

1 Like

$48

It’s a deboned breast along with a leg thigh combo. I could easily eat that and still have room for something else. I love the duck but frankly when it first came out, I was a little disappointed in the portion size, especially for $45. I wanted the rest of the bones, the back, neck, etc.

2 Likes

Awesome!
and I I am totally in awe.
I was just sayin’ for me it might be too much.

aaqur:
maybe i went to the “wrong” charcoal?
the noise and music was deafening at about 8:30 last night.

imho, it would be a good place for a man to take a good-looking date who is unable to keep up a conversation… . . . .

The tables seemed well spaced to me and I don’t remember the music being overly loud. I’ve gone on the early side though so I don’t know if that accounts for the difference?

Yeah, super weird. I go opposite, usually later, but I have always thought it was a fairly quiet place by LA standards, not like somewhere where you would struggle to hear someone at your table.

But I imagine noise tolerance is subjective.

Charcoal is probably not a bad place to take a hot date in either case I suppose, but the hot date better eat their steak rare :wink:

1 Like

i was sitting at the bar.

Maybe they are splitting it now. Or my alcohol saturated (masculine) brain has recorded the size as being bigger than it actually was/is.

2 Likes

Here’s a pic. Little dark but you can see it’s only a deboned breast with the leg thigh combo

why does chowseeker’s pic looks so big? it’s like 10+ slices.

10 sounds about right. Angle of my pic makes it look less. Here’s a different angle.

Looks a lot smaller than what I recall they were serving about 4-5 months ago.

1 Like

Totally agree. Ours was large. Maybe xtralarge. It’s still xtra delicious, yes? Side note, has anyone been to their brunch?

Stopped by tonight with all intentions of getting the $50 dinela menu. But after finding out the 21 day aged liberty duck was avaliable i pulled an audible and I’m so glad i did. @Thor, @CiaoBob, @Chowseeker1999 were right, holy shit it was ducking great. Best duck I’ve ever had. The meat was firm yet tender, the skin was perfectly crisp with a slight sweetness from the honey glaze, the fat was rendered just right, and there was just the slightest blue cheese funk from the aging. I also got a kanpachi collar that was spot on.

8 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Sweet! :slight_smile: Yes! I think you captured the phrase I was thinking of, “a slight blue cheese funk.” Not in a bad way, just different. I loved it, but my guest was a bit off-put (but loved the Duck skin and meat tenderness). :slight_smile:

How’d I miss the Kanpachi Collar? Glad to hear it was great. I’ll have to try that next time, thanks.

1 Like