NOREE THAI on Beverly (from Chef Pia and Chef Fern of Luv2Eat)

Chatted up Fern… or Pla… (how am i supposed to know who)… welcomed them to the neighborhood… place looks nice.

there’s NO chance The Thai Thing survives opening at the same time as this spot… Also going to eat into Joom’s customer base

(photo courtesy of chefnoreepla.com)

7 Likes

Reporting live… Pla is a sweetheart

5 Likes

is it crowded?

We were first now here are 4 parties. Same legit food since Pla runs it

Jade noodle didn’t make the pics

2 Likes

What is second to last pic? Looks delish.

Crispy rice salad. No fermented ham here as at some other places but very good

Pla took photos of us and hooked kiddo up with jade noodles and a bag of cookies.

Pricing may change downwards soon. Everything 15% off today.

Hours likely to adjust too. 11:30 for this street is crazy late

15% off tonight, i think I will stop by to grab something :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

She said for you it’s extra

Reporting live late night crew

3 Likes

ISTR that Luv2Eat has a baseline of “very spicy” . If I’m remembering that right, is it the same deal at the new place? We love good Thai but have a low heat tolerance. Would this place work for us?

Order things that don’t come spicy, like that crispy rice salad, jade noodles, satay, fried chicken, probably the squid, the kao soi

The base line is pretty spicy… and by baseline i mean if you order medium. Spicy is Thai spicy so very spicy.

You can order many items not spicy if you just ask

Baseline is completely different by dish. Crab curry is stupid spicy… kao soi barely has any spicy

I’ve never gotten what I consider Thai spicy at Luv2Eat despite trying to order it.

Their medium is probably spicier than what you’d be served at places that don’t get Thai customers, but you can order mild. They have warnings on the menu of dishes that can’t be made mild.

Anyone had the ko lae chicken?

I tried it. Very good flavors, honestly felt somewhere between an Indian and Thai curry sauce. They were very skimpy on the chicken portion unfortunately. Overall, a good dish, but doesn’t enter the pantheon of Jade Noodles, Crab curry, etc at Luv2Eat IMO.

2 Likes

That looks so sick! What kind of fish did they use…how much?
Im going for lunch tomorrow- any other recs out there?

1 Like

It was Rock Cod.
They have 3 fresh whole fish most days - Rock Cod, Snapper and Tilapia

1 Like

maaan… the spot is dead… first time there without Noree herself. Sad and super interesting that basically the same food can’t be translated to this area.

Gotta say, I really dig the spice level of the crab curry here. Can actually taste things and won’t have muddbutt for 2 days, spice can always be adjusted table side.

1 Like