NOREE THAI on Beverly (from Chef Pia and Chef Fern of Luv2Eat)

I’m glad you talked about first timers because I want to take a friend from out of town. I just want the experience to be great and since they opened a second location (and now a third) I always haven’t felt that Luv2Eat was consistent

1 Like

Noree Thai - Price up, Spice down

@Nemroz we’re bound to run into each other at some point. We were there the night before you. Cute kid btw.

A quick $15. Dinner Special after braving The Grove

Fried Hainan Chicken & Ginger Rice

I didn’t know “Fried” Hainan Chicken Rice was a thing. It was tasty - crispy outside, moist inside, w/a tasty, but not so chili, sweet & sour chili sauce.

Banana Blossom Yellow Curry w/Chicken

Very good, a little watery, but very flavorful and satisfying. Love banana blossoms.

I think our biggest food complaint would be the rice. It’s just okay and ours looked and tasted like it was leftover from lunch. In their defense we probably caught them off guard coming in around 5pm when they were just getting setup. We were the only customers at first.

Now That’s a Complimentary Fruit Plate!

I went to Thailand (and Vietnam) with a girlfriend who was born in Vietnam and spent a lot of time in Thailand. The first thing she did was drag me to a market in search of Rambutan (and Langsat) :blush:

Dine-in $15 Dinner Menu

I might not have noticed the raised prices if folks hadn’t mentioned them and don’t really care either. It’s Beverly-Grove, not a cheap mini-mall on Sunset & Highland. Plus you can still get dinner for two for around $40+tip. I can’t figure out why they’re not more crowded. Maybe peeps in the area don’t know what’s in their midst, maybe they associate it with the previous occupant, maybe we don’t have as many chowhounds in the ‘hood as we think, or it’s as some have alluded to - this part of our ‘hood isn’t considered destination food worthy.

I have a couple complaints (they really do need to get the back area - kitchen, stock area, bathroom - in hand), but all-in-all love having them in the ‘hood. It’s a sweet little place, definitely more vibe-y than Luv2eat.

Khob khun kha!

3 Likes

Maybe you could call ahead to Luv2eat and ask if Sergio (Chef Pla) is in the house.

I think you mean Fern. Pla is at Noree every day. I did talk to her about her strategy and she’s struggling with the vegan yoga sect that frequents Erewhon. So they added a bunch of veg dishes which is how banana blossom was added. I guess price was adjusted when that happened because she initially lowered the prices from the high prices at opening. But ya, it ain’t cheap tho byob is making this a big draw for us now

1 Like

Oh okay, I was just answering @AlwaysHungry who said the food isn’t as good at Luv2eat without Chef Pla. But I think you’re saying that’s kind of a permanent thing now?

Pretty sure. Pla is Noree it’s her name.

1 Like

Okay, gotcha’.

We :heart: the BYOB too. This night we were too lazy to stop and get beer after trudging around The Grove for hours.

You’re shopping there? I go all the time to grab food or just walk around with kiddo. Grabbing meats tonight. Where do you live?

Kid actually almost ordered the fried hunan (no i dont think it’s a thing) also but then he saw his green noodles

Just for the specifics. Don’t get me started on The Grove or The Farmers Market. After the holidays I’ll find that thread and vent there. :slight_smile:

Miracle Mile. North of San Vicente.

1 Like

It’s so funny. If you are on 2 wheels you actually LOVE having the grove and FM around because the crowd and traffic is so easy to get around. But yea i’d never drive there.

1 Like

Was packed tonight. Had to wait a good while. people sat outside in cold weather . It was a 2 white bottle affair. This one we brought from Venice

Fried chicken here is not like at Luv. Wings and drumsettes only. Beef jerky is great with 2 dips. Crispy rice salad consistently meh

2 Likes

I continually have odd experiences eating here and/or getting delivery from here. The portions are smaller and the food is more expensive than Luv2eat. And then there’s just a sloppiness at times. Last night had the squid in its own ink dish, a dish I really enjoyed at the Hollywood window location. But the squid was not properly cleaned or cooked, and the whole portion for $15 had about 6 small pieces of squid.

Neither that nor Luv are ever what we crave and we’ve had plenty meh times there. Pailin and Spicy on the other hand…

1 Like

so what happened at Noree? they went from dead to busy… not a slow rampup but a 180. cant be the new menu with pics… prices jumped up too… maybe they bought some ads? did they get a write up?

I slammed them and people decided it must be good.

1 Like

dine la?

1 Like

2 visits before it started and friend reporting a mob during lunch on a weekday too… wtf

I know a group which booked DineLA lunch at Noree after hating their brunch at Jitlada.

The fans have been writing reviews.

Saw one ad, maybe there’s more.

1 Like

Food Talk Central

Did you like the other dishes in the photos?