Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare Review

I agree that he had good points. And not a great way to treat a guest.

Perhaps “guests” should stop being critics. With multi-page reviews.

If you do something in a business area with public access for money, e.g. being chef, you should be able to handle criticism/review or you are in the wrong business. (everybody should be able to handle criticism/reviews of their professional work)

1 Like

I hear ya but I do get frustrated at the occasional Yelp review where poor ratings are given due to at least one of the following reasons:

1. Neta on nigiri isn’t melt-in-your mouth so fish can’t possibly be fresh
  2. Lack of vegan options
  3. Not given an complimentary dessert on a birthday or anniversary
  4. Orders a hanger steak but complains about it not being tender like as t another place where a filet mignon was ordered
  5. Restaurant being inside a market/dodgy neighborhood

Many more…

There are in every profession people who have little idea about the profession but always a loud voice - if one is intimidated by (or wants to silence) such voices, it only shows that one is insecure and has little confidence in the own abilities. Either you believe in yourself and clearly recognize which criticism to take serious or…

1 Like

I’ve hesitated ordering due to the seemingly simple descriptions.

Should have known better… why did I doubt Mr. Ramírez?

Impeccable cooking and flavors. The carabinero Iranian rice dish was off the charts!!

Pairing tonight

6 Likes

fuck

2 Likes

Indeed, my sentiments exactly on my first spoon of the rice

1 Like

what’s the first dish? lamb?

Baby Lamb loin and shank w salad of flageolet beans. The beans remind of of those Tuscan beans cooked over coal in the glass vase/jars. Soft & creamy.

Green Tea tiramisu for dessert

1 Like

I feel obliged to share this about Chef’s Table. While prices are high. You really do get an excellent Q(Quality & Quantity)PR. The man does not skimp on expensive ingredients. Ie caviar, truffles etc. You don’t feel shortchanged after your meal.

Same can’t be said for many restaurants. Below or in the same league. i.e one of the worst offenders - Cosme

4 Likes

That looks really good. What’s the damage on food?

A la carte, varies by item. Here’s the menu

1 Like

How soon do you eat after pick up? Looks amazing! Chef Ramirez is such a nice gentleman. He treats his staff well.

1 Like

Consumed this about 20mins after delivery

1 Like