Chowhounds Wish List

Where is that Duffy ? She was always on .

YAY YAY YAY!!!
I literally could not believe what I saw on Chowhound’s new site. Literally. For at least the last five or six years I have relied on J.L. (now presumably J_L_), exilekiss (yes, I remember his exit), ipsedixit, Dommy!, Ciao Bob, mcmichael, JudiAU, wienermobile, westsidegal, dirtywextraolives, TheOffalo and so many more of you for leading me always to the best places in LA. I know that I am not the most prolific poster, but I am an absolutely avid and committed reader - and I missed all of you (Kevin - you’re hilarious). It’s funny how attached I became even though I do not necessarily know even your gender! I have treasured the Chowhound community, and I wanted to tell you about a discovery in my new part of the city (which is thankfully improving almost by the month). But I don’t want to tell those people on Chowhound - I want to tell you!! So look for my post on Sausal in El Segundo…

THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE!!!
ANori

8 Likes

I’m here! Just a little late to the party. It’s great to see a lot of the posters I’ve missed.

8 Likes

Good to see you here!

I posted directions to Food Talk Central on CH yesterday in response to a La Barbera’s inquiry. So far the Mods have not caught it. I anticipate a permanent ban any moment.

7 Likes

Hey ANori, OC Steve,

Welcome! :smile: Good to see so many veteran Hounds find us.

This is our new home now. :smile:

BTW, if OC Steve is here, where’s OC Ann?

Am I bad person because I find this tragically humorous?

2 Likes

your right-----it’s sad, but funny.

hopefully more folks will find us.

Thanks! I was on the early emails and the FB Group but had a busy couple of weeks. Apparently I need to work on my priorities.

Sorry. No relation to OCAnn.

My Annoying Opinions
Will Owens
barryc
JeMange
khh1138
kyee87

I believe JM is on here ???

Mon ami, most of the folks you seek are here with us.

Will Owen is here as @nashwill and @Jemange is here as, well, JeMange and barryc thinks he’s now supercool and goes by the handle @secretasianman.

why is @js76wisco still posting on CH? I thought he joined FTC?

I am still posting on CH. Are we supposed to be exclusive to one or the other?

I’m certainly more active on FTC but couldn’t find any activity in Hawaii and researching Aulani food options. I commented on one post from an out of towner who reported back.

2 Likes

I’d like to change my handle, as I have not practiced yoga regularly in years (the name was created in the early 90s - my aol BB name - and am now a swimmer), but think it might cause too much confusion, as seen in this thread.

1 Like

actually, i’ve had a website concerning the dance aspects of my interests up for years:

http://www.secretasianmen-la.com/index.html

i also have a blog called “the secret asian man gets stabbed” concerning my almost being killed while feeding the homeless.

i’m merely consolidating.

1 Like

Just playing with you Mr. Chin.

sorry, just ribbin’.

swimchik ??? perhaps ???

The poster formerly known as [redacted] checking-in.

Thank god I found you guys again–the old site is just…no.

5 Likes