Chowhounds Wish List

dirtysexywextraolives hadn’t posted for a very long time even on the CH board. :frowning:

I had no idea standards were so low here. Sure, they let me on without checking but I figured the line would have been drawn somewhere.

This is like the Ellis Island of food forums.

7 Likes

Oohhh hello.

2 Likes

Okay, looks like we have enough for a quorum. I move we hang out here and be happy, and tell each other what we ate and where, or for how much, or how we made it. We seem to have things called Boards that have specific topics – what a lovely idea! – and if we want some different ones I’m sure our host will try to accommodate us instead of telling us to get either (a) with the program or (b) lost.

Y’all with me on that?

4 Likes

Good idea @nashwill but it might be a better idea to post what you suggested in the Uncategorized Non-Region specific area.

Which is here. Non-regional discussions - Food Talk Central

Mine comes with a free pizza!

Alex Rast . If you have ever had anything to do with chocolate , and have a question ; this is the dude . He helped me with my truffle questions . This guy really knows his shit and has the creds . Alex Rast - International Chocolate Awards

2 Likes

I know, nearly two years late to reply but… there was/is a greygarious on CH from Massachusetts. If you mean me, I’ve been lurking a while and posting occasionally. Thanks, ElsieDee, for the kind words, if they were meant for me, and to paranoidgarliclover, I am indeed a grayelf but I am a female one.

7 Likes

Hi @grayelf,

Welcome to FTC! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @grayelf good to see you post here. Thanks again for all the help with Vancouver.

1 Like

They were meant for you, @grayelf - so glad you’re here and on HO, too! I always enjoyed your posts about the PNW: made me want to move north!

2 Likes

OMG. . .love love love that your here grayelf!
2 years. . .just got out of the BIG House?!?!

AKA Beach Chick
:tongue:

1 Like

Ha, nothing so dramatic, Plumeria. Just a creature of habit, and it’s taking me a while to get in the groove of checking two newer sites. Also kinda fell down the rabbit hole of twitter and IG, which tend to be better sources of food intel for Vancouver these days.

3 Likes

You would totally dig the Hawaiian food scene in O’ahu.

1 Like

I love the Vancouver food scene.
DH and I are looking at this winter heading up to the Fairmont Chateau Whistler for some good skiing, dining and beauty of BC.
Boy, it’s pretty reasonable off season…$187 a night is what I call, killer rates and that is another idea too.
Hate spending high season rates!!