Chubby Rice makes NY-Style Egg Rolls and General Tso' Chicken

is the glass at Bludso’s bulletproof? The KFC by the coliseum also used to have a bullet proof glass drivethrough.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few but I don’t recall where. However, they are so common nationally that it has become part of urban street talk.

1 Like

Blue people are funny

1 Like

…So are posters named linus.

oh it’s by Zam Zam… i go over that way a lot for biriani pick up on the way to Redondo

ha, ha!

I tried this today. Delicious! Joe is so sweet. I wish I lived closer, I’d go all the time to support them. Had the general tso chicken with sausage rice and veggies. So good.

6 Likes

Had this the other week and have to say it’s one of my favorite items, the pork was moist and flavorfull and the sandwich had a nice variety of textures. Personally didn’t find it too bready or get too soggy on the ride home.

1 Like

I’m so glad you think Yelp is wack

I actually thought the chubby egg roll had too much meat in it, and I am a meat nut. I would have liked more veggies. they could cut down on 10% of the meat and add more veggies and it would still be meaty and delicious. oddly enough to me, it tasted like pizza. lol. I think the pork and fennel made it taste like a sausage pizza. I was wishing I had some mozzarella. ha. It was good though. not complaining.

How is the fried rice and the loco moco at Tak’s?

Fennel in an egg roll? Noooo!

Maybe I’m wrong, but it tasted like it.

Most likely Chinese chives, which like fennel also has an onion, garlicky flavor to it.

Oniony & garlicky are one thing. But fennel tastes like anise / licorice. In an Italian sausage yes. But in a egg roll it is just wrong.

1 Like

I love fennel everywhere. On a boat, with a goat…

4 Likes

That’s funny. Yah, no offense to @Luluthemagnificent. It’s my problem. I don’t like fennel seed. One of the reasons I don’t like Italian sausage. So if I tasted it in an inappropriate place like an egg roll I’d be irritated.

I don’t think it’s fennel. It’s probably star anise. Both have licorice notes. Also, the egg roll does not taste like a pizza. Perhaps your taste buds weren’t on point that day.

1 Like

The one time I was there, I agree that the fat egg rolls would have benefitted from more veggies as well. Some julienne of onion, carrot, cabbage for texture. But slivers – keep it meat-centric. Just some texture.

That strong anise or fennel taste for me was more pronounced in the General Tso and beff dish we shared.

Very enthusiastic guy at counter who served.