Co+Opportunity Open in Culver City

Co+Opportunity Culver City opened this morning with a ribbon cutting ceremony. It’s much bigger than the Santa Monica flagship and is expecting a beer and wine license soon.

1 Like

I noticed that they’ve opened. I wonder how they’ll fare considering that Sprouts is very close and much less expensive.

I assume that they are counting on business from HBO who bought the Surfas building. In case you’re wondering, I’m in mourning for Surfas. Where will I buy good quality chocolate and almond meal in large quantity at reasonable prices?

1 Like

maccrogenoff:
i’ve bought good quality chocolate both online and from the specialty food department of the el segundo whole foods. (much less expensive online)

iirc, i’ve seen almond meal at the bulk food dept of whole foods, but i can’t remember whether it was el segundo or playa vista. if you want to buy the whole bag, i believe they will give you an additional 10% off of the bulk food price.

1 Like

Me too. I miss the cheese, baguettes, and rye bread. And where will I buy sheet pans, and frozen pastry dough, confit duck legs, French butter, cheap Y-shape peelers, Italian earthenware, or the one perfect paring knife?

It was my perfect store. More than Bloomingdales, even.

1 Like

Hopefully their new store will open up soon. They did say they wanted to keep it in the area. Supposedly they were going to open it up before closing the old one but ran into lease issues.

Mr. Surfas told me that they were looking in the La Brea and Rodeo area. He asked me if I would still come if it were that far away. I told him of course I would. One employee told me that he had insider knowledge and that the reopening might be the beginning of November. I always take estimates like that with a grain of salt, but it would be great if this time it was on point.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! La Brea/Rodeo is not exactly near the old spot…agree about time estimates. But even if they open Q1 2018, that’s not too bad.

1 Like

They may be splitting off the restaurant supply from the food offerings.

1 Like