Cocktails - What Are You Drinking?

???

I like gin!

Jolly rancher , negroni , Aperol spritz .

1 Like

What is a Jolly Ramcher? I love green apple Jolly Rancher candies. I broke a retainer eating one of those when I was little. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Tell you the truth . I just have Heidi my bartender pour them for me . She says there are a 100 different ways to make them . In fact I got lit on them this afternoon and had to take a nap .lol

1 Like
1 Like

This:

Also, Lillet Rose mixed with Fentimans Rose Lemonade.

4 Likes

Yep, I’ve been having a couple every night😱. We even make our orgeat.

2 Likes

Vieux Carre
Negroni (with Monkey 47 gin)
Boulevardier
Penicillin
Mai Tai

1 Like

White Negroni with mezcal. I prefer Salers over Suze. Lillet Blanc or Cocchi Americano.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of martinis, but my cardiologist suggested that if I drink, drink tequila (so, no more vodka for me). Here’s how I order: Herradura Silver (or any Silver, if they don’t have Herradura), fresh squeezed lime, a tiny splash of Grand Marnier - shaken, and served as a martini.

Everyone ends up having what I have.

1 Like

Did your cardiologist explain why tequila would be healthier than vodka, whisky, gin, brandy, or rum?

1 Like

Tequila is a “healthier” alcohol, it’s a probiotic and prebiotic. She (my doctor) explained that studies have shown it to be a “heart healthy” alcohol, it can lower cholesterol and aid in digestion. This is true of Top Shelf 100% agave tequila, only.

1 Like

Thanks, robert. You saved me the time.

@yogachik, your doctor doesn’t happen to be a Latina, does she?

Nice. I should do that, too, but I’m lazy. :grin:

I managed to drink half. Bartenders, please don’t do this to my Paloma.

Entry to patio.

Great view of of the not-shiny part of downtown L.A.

Apotheke
1746 N. Spring, LA
(Around the corner from Majordomo.)

1 Like

What did they do to the drink? And is a Paloma the same as a Clay Pot? According to our fave Mexican bartender at our fave Mexican bar it is We consider them potentially dangerous as you don’t know you’re drinking :slight_smile:

Sad Paloma. :disappointed_relieved:

Thank you for introducing this fun topic.

My favorite cocktails:

Vesper Martini. I told the bartender at Short Order (now closed) in the Third and Fairfax Farmers Market that I like cocktails with gin, no sweet elements, bitter elements welcome, no food that has to be chewed (fruit that’s not juiced, cucumber slices, etc.). He said that he thought I’d really like a Vesper. I certainly did and do.

Gin Martini. I don’t think a recipe is needed. My favorite gin is Aria.

Negroni

Gin and tonic. Fill a glass with ice. Pour an inch or two of Aria gin in the glass. Fill with Q tonic. Serve with a wedge of lime.

Bloody Mary. I like Michael Ruhlman’s recipe because I think fish sauce is a great addition. Also, I really like horseradish.

http://ruhlman.com/2012/10/friday-cocktail-hour-the-bloody-mary/

I’ve not tasted a whole lot of gins but really like Plymouth.

Do you use Fever Tree tonic? Outstanding IMO.

Ooh, fish sauce. Anything I’ve used it in has been enhanced. I also prefer my Bloody Mary made with gin even though I’m a vodka drinker usually.