Condiment Love....your fave's?

I am a condiment Queen!

First of all, I friggin’ adore Best Foods Mayo…if my DH had an aversion to it, I couldn’t of married him…he says why didn’t I tell him before we got hitched! :joy:

Dijon mustard
Thousand Island
Oyster sauce
Sambal
Horsey sauce

Crystal Hot Sauce.

1 Like

MD brand extra spicy Chili Sauce (Sri Lankan)
Sri Lankan mango chutney
Sri Lankan ambarella chutney
Homemade lunu miris
Imli chutney
Lao Gan Ma chili crisp
Habanero sauce
Belacan
Kecap Manis
Gochujang
Kewpie mayo

1 Like

You keep those all in your house, or are just happy to see them when they show up?

Edit: And gochujang is my new very favorite condiment of all time. It tastes so good in anything. Sambal oleek, of course. I begin to feel a little fretful when I run low on either of those.

Most are in my house, even though I rarely cook. Lol. The homemade lunu miris, I go pick it up from my mother when she feels like making it for me. :relieved:

2 Likes

That’s the beauty of good condiments, you don’t have to cook, just pour them on your sad leftover rice or whatever. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I love gochujang. I actually like mixing it with Kewpie mayo to dip fries in.

3 Likes

FTC confession: I do not like Sriracha sauce at all, ever. Or Tabasco. Theyre both too vinegary.

2 Likes

I only like Sriracha in pho. The weird Sriracha trend aggravates me. I HATE Tabasco.

2 Likes

I always have a jar of nuoc cham in my fridge.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Not from a grocery store, but homemade lacto-fermented chile sauce. Just jalapeños, salt, water, and time.

1 Like

I have dozens of condiments but I’d say, day in and day out, it might be fish sauce. I’ve turned some mighty ho-hum things around with a tablespoon of two of fish sauce.

ETA: Salt. We’re having leftover Frugal Gourmet’s lamb and orzo pasta and I just added a four finger pinch of salt. Yep.

1 Like

Marconi hot giardiniera
Korean ketchup aka red chili paste with vinegar
furikake
togarashi
Plochmans mustard
Sweet Baby Rays
harissa from Hadar Fairfax
chimichurri from Gaucho meat market
Tutto Calabria hot spread sauce
Cholula

1 Like

Salsa Lizano: Lizano sauce - Wikipedia

Best Foods Mayo

Malt Vinegar

Sea salt / fresh cracked pepper

Taiwanese fermented beancurd (or 豆腐乳)

Chinese pork floss (or 肉鬆)

Hovmästarsås

Katsuobushi

Pebre

Karashi

Sweet relish

2 Likes

Sriracha is my default hot sauce. I find it’s not too spicy or vinagerey. Hoy Fongs chili garlic paste is excellent as a kick to s glaze. I use it on my homemade pok Pok wings. And fish sauce. When I’m sick and it’s ramen for food fish sauce makes it taste like something other than salt.

Salt is not a condiment.

Thanks to, @ipsedixit and others, Laoganma Chili Crisp;

For me, Huy Fong garlic chili sauce >> sriracha;

Hoisin (when mixed wth the aforementioned garlic chili sauce);

Baron West Indian Hot Sauce;

The magical mix of DTF’s black vinegar, chili oil, soy and ginger;

Mayo;

1,000 Island for burgers.

EDIT:

I need to add my old standby; La Victoria Salsa Brava. Great for leftover tri tip and chese burritos, eggs, and all sorts of other things.

2 Likes