Condiment Love....your fave's?

I have dozens of condiments but I’d say, day in and day out, it might be fish sauce. I’ve turned some mighty ho-hum things around with a tablespoon of two of fish sauce.

ETA: Salt. We’re having leftover Frugal Gourmet’s lamb and orzo pasta and I just added a four finger pinch of salt. Yep.

1 Like

Marconi hot giardiniera
Korean ketchup aka red chili paste with vinegar
furikake
togarashi
Plochmans mustard
Sweet Baby Rays
harissa from Hadar Fairfax
chimichurri from Gaucho meat market
Tutto Calabria hot spread sauce
Cholula

1 Like

Salsa Lizano: Lizano sauce - Wikipedia

Best Foods Mayo

Malt Vinegar

Sea salt / fresh cracked pepper

Taiwanese fermented beancurd (or 豆腐乳)

Chinese pork floss (or 肉鬆)

Hovmästarsås

Katsuobushi

Pebre

Karashi

Sweet relish

2 Likes

Sriracha is my default hot sauce. I find it’s not too spicy or vinagerey. Hoy Fongs chili garlic paste is excellent as a kick to s glaze. I use it on my homemade pok Pok wings. And fish sauce. When I’m sick and it’s ramen for food fish sauce makes it taste like something other than salt.

Salt is not a condiment.

Thanks to, @ipsedixit and others, Laoganma Chili Crisp;

For me, Huy Fong garlic chili sauce >> sriracha;

Hoisin (when mixed wth the aforementioned garlic chili sauce);

Baron West Indian Hot Sauce;

The magical mix of DTF’s black vinegar, chili oil, soy and ginger;

Mayo;

1,000 Island for burgers.

EDIT:

I need to add my old standby; La Victoria Salsa Brava. Great for leftover tri tip and chese burritos, eggs, and all sorts of other things.

2 Likes

Why not?

condiment
[kon-duh-muh nt]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
something used to give a special flavor to food, as mustard, ketchup, salt, or spices.

Okay, according to the bible, you’re right.

But I still don’t agree.

1 Like

LOL. I just think of it as anything that adds flavor. But when I count “dozens” of condiments it is mostly jars and bottles :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was a coincidence. “Condiments” for some stir fry. Behind them are various oils and vinegars.

2 Likes

Anyone got a preferred brand for gochujang?

IMG_20180815_153403187

1 Like

My method for choosing this brand - I went to Galleria market and asked an older Korean lady in the aisle which one I should buy. She picked this one for me.

3 Likes

Can someone suggest a bottled Asian sweet/sour sauce in the style of CfA Polynesian sauce?

I’ve never had that but would it be like this?

" Mae ploy - sweet chili sauce 10 fl. oz.for dipping is delicious with grilled chicken and deep fried foods. The taste is mildly spicy and sweet. It’s pinkish-red color and confetti-like specks of chili flakes make it a visually appealing condiment.

[

Amazon.com : Mae Ploy - Sweet Chili Sauce 10 Fl. Oz. : Chile …

](Amazon.com)

I love white wine worcestershire but apparently am the only one. Cant find it anywhere. Anyone have a source?

Here ya go:

yes, something like that.

Currently unavailable. But thanks for trying.