Coni'seafood post Sergio

@Porthos, that looks delicious.

Maybe we can get more of the home cooks on here to participate in the Home Cooking board.

I really don’t want to have discussions with people who don’t get it and figure that because you can cook well, you never have the need to eat out.

I know how to drive too, doesn’t mean I don’t use a car service for special occasions or when I know I’m having a dinner out that is going to involve lots of alcohol.

Very bold statement!

All I want for Christmas…is your wealth of knowledge.

Thank you to all of the chefs who shared their knowledge. IMO hardest part is actually procuring ingredients and equipment which takes time, effort and money. The things you learn when you read.

Santa got me what I wanted on my list…guess I was a good boy this year.

2 Likes

Thread started:

1 Like

Sexy gram shots, that’s for sure.

Not TonyC, but I like both. FWIW.

1 Like

Oh my god: I want the Gjelina cookbook.

1 Like

So how’s Coni Seafood 2017, anyone?

Think we are about to investigate tomorrow.

1 Like
8 Likes

Now this is the kind of reporting at which JGold excels.

1 Like

It sounds like (we are lucky to have) four excellent choices. MC on Centinela (in F-in’ Del Rey - not Mar Vista or Culver City :laughing:) has been a ghost town every time we’ve been in - even with Sergio’s return. I hope JGold’s legit write-up resuscitates the place or else that PZ gypsy might take off again.

No shit Bula . I am making a trip to LA to meet up with Sergio again . You lucky duck .:

JGold should’ve have credited @westsidegal in that article.

We get a Bill Esparza shoutout instead.

Travesty.

9 Likes

Absolutely . My first time to LA , it was WSG who turned me onto Sergio’s cooking . I remember posting on CH and asking ; “Chefs who suffer for their food .” when I was going to be working in Culver C for a month , years ago . Nough said .

3 Likes

I hope Sergio and you have many fortuitous meets. He is still on his game.

1 Like

Get it while it still there .:fork_and_knife:

Awwwwww
Thank you

1 Like

You used proper capitalization.

#Blushing

was about to go this weekend… then saw the fish alone is going to be over 30 bones? fukoutta here with that. got 3 dishes for that at Isaan Station instead…

yelled at Isaan for not accepting cards… quite obviously tax avoidance scheme