Cookies - what's your favorite right now?

Cookie Good in Santa Monica had the most amazing cookies I’ve ever had. We had several of them, and they were all terrific. Red Velvet, Pretzel, S’mores and Key Lime Pie.

Julienne"s in San Marino makes the best cookies. I love their jumbles. Made with chocolate chips, toasted almonds and pecans and currants. Addicting. I usually buy a dozen at a time, and freeze them. They’re big and full of deliciousness.

1 Like

G&B’s chocolate chip cookie is my favorite in LA right now. Also available at Go Get Em Tiger in Larchmont.

Stella Barra’s cookies are fantastic!

1 Like

Here’s the Clemetine Chocolate Chip Cookie.

3 Likes

Great photos, @TheCookie! You certainly captured the chewy, gooey goodness of Clementine’s cookies.

I gave these out as party favors at my husband’s birthday party on Sunday, and they were a big hit. My MIL and husband dove into their cookies - even after having birthday cake!

2 Likes

Thanks! I hardly make it to my destination without eating it in the car. Yummy party favors!

2 Likes

Why is that not in my house? Right now?

Oh that’s right. If it was here, I’d eat nothing BUT cookie. Until the cookie was gone. And then I might order more.

3 Likes

MN,

I took folks I know who like chocolate chip cookies but are not passionate about them, to Proof Bakery. And we got their salted chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.

No conversation, just greedy happy eating noises.

And thus more folks were converted : )

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m so jealous you got cookies fresh out of the oven at Proof, @Happybaker! I can only imagine how incredible they’d be! So glad that you made some converts.

You’re so right, silence is a very accurate barometer of the scrumptiousness of food.

2 Likes

MN,

Totally unplanned and lucky. We’d gone out to lunch with a big promise of hitting Proof afterwards for cookies. We all go in and - they are out. OUT. Every single one of our faces fell. After talking amongst ourselves (was there anything else we wanted to try?) we started filing out. Sadly. We stood outside by the door “Well what do we do now?” when the counter gal popped her head out the door.

“Hey! They just pulled a tray out of the oven! Do you still want some?”

YES!!!

We scampered back in, got the cookies. Rejoiced.

Yay that fabulous center gal.

4 Likes

I don’t think anybody mentioned in this thread but I recall others discussing the cookie from Bristol Farms. I tried one yesterday and it was a darn good cookie for 75% of the cookie. A little under cooked in the middle. Gooey chocolatey goodness with a nice crunch from the walnuts. A very good cookie especially if you get them right of the rack.

2 Likes

BF puts those cookies on a warming plate - they are always at the right temp when purchased. I’m guessing the cookies are thick and slightly underdone since they may sit in that warming plate for the duration. Of course, the cookies are huge and thick also because those discuses of death are decadent, chewy and delicious.

1 Like

I had a really chewy & delicious peanut butter cookie from Neiman Marcus the other day. It was huge… my jaw hurt after.

That’s a good thing?

1 Like

Yes and no. The hurting jaw, no. But I haven’t had a real chewy PB (or gingerbread molasses) cookie in a while. So it was worth it… to me.

Those cookies are so thick it’s not a surprise the middle is a little under. I actually got one off the warming plate but still a little doughy in the very middle. They are great the next day too. A relative bargain for its size at $2.99.

1 Like

A macaron is a cookie, right?

When you only do one thing it better be perfect.

Lette in Beverly Hills and I think also Glendale. Perfection. They have a delicate, but not too soft meringue, not too sweet, with the greatest punch of flavors in the fillings.

1 Like

Reviving this thread in light of the holidays. Is anyone aware of some fantastic gingerbread men cookies? My family likes the chewy ones rather than crispy. Will be in the city (mid-town/DTLA, but probably not the Westside) next week so I can stop by. Also close to the OC in case there are options there. I am too lazy to make them so anyone with that kind of help can kindly keep their opinions to themselves.
Thanks!

2 Likes