Corn Ice Cream?

The corn is my son’s favorite flavor there. He always orders it when available - that’s why I asked about it. I’d be surprised if SR has already stopped making the corn ice cream since plenty of good corn can be had and it is very popular. The only wrinkle I can think of is if SR has a specific type or source for corn.

1 Like

I liked the Corn Almond from Magpie, and it’s still listed on their website as available.

Caramel corn on the cob @ salt & straw Studio City

Yes, it sucks.

Damn I need to learn to read, because I have a pint of it in the freezer right now.

Had the corn almond at Magpies today. It was great, but I don’t know if I could get through a cup by my lonesome.

1 Like

ok, so I liked it more than this description would lead me to believe, but it’s still not something I can eat a lot of. Actually, on my first serving I don’t even think I ate a kid’s size worth.

There is distinctive taste of buttered corn, with caramel ribbons. So it’s caramel x corn on the cob.

think I’ll stick to the S&S double fold vanilla.

I was at Fosselman’s yesterday and they did have sweet corn ice cream available in the pre-packed half gallon fridge. I can’t remember if I saw it available on the board by the scoop.

Small Batch (in Mar Vista)

Wonder if anyone will do a version of Magnolia’s corn and cheese flavor.

Small Batch featured corn as a flavor last evening, but I wasn’t sure if it also had cheese in it.

I just threw up a little bit.

And I bet that bit of vomit tasted better than corn and cheese flavor.

shrug whatevs, don’t be flavor shaming me. That combo isn’t that far from mexican street corn with cheese and mayo which is super tasty. Hell, I like it better than some of the disgusting flavors Salt and Straw comes up with which seems to sell well.

I saw that, no cheese. Forgot to ask for a taste. I can see the sweetness of good corn working well with ice cream.

1 Like

4 Likes

Where is this?

1 Like

Sweet Rose Creamery at the Brentwood country mart

3 Likes

Atticus Creamery has it too.

Edit: LOL I scrolled up and realized I had already mentioned it before.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder. Love their sweet corn (which I think is a seasonal flavor). The place looked like a madhouse when I drove by last wk, so maybe I’ll try the SaMo location…

I think they do curbside.

1 Like

Corn ice cream is also available at Stick Station/Gelato in Commerce about 5 minutes west of the Citadel.
The Ranch in Anaheim makes a delightful popcorn ice cream.