Costco faves

I thought she doesn’t eat meat in general

Only fish and chicken…once a year, I crave a double double.
Been that way since 73.
:v:

:kiss:

concur with your last statement.
sometimes what “science says” is not “right” either. . .

when my daughter was born, 25 years ago, the pediatricians were all saying that infants should sleep on their bellies, because they could spit up and aspirate the spit up if they slept on their backs.
NOW what the “science says” is that infants sleeping on their backs have a significantly lower incidence of SIDS.

also, at that time, the Sabin vaccine was touted as the way to go.
my brother, who is a lawyer specializing in such things told me ABSOLUTELY NOT–get the SALK vaccine instead. now the American Academy of Pediatrics backs the Salk vaccine.
my brother was right

2 Likes

Their Ahi in the seafood section is awesome and got 3 huge Big Eye Tuna (seared rare) for Saturday dinner.

Anyone had their Poke selection?

This is the San Diego board, not the Maui board. Sheesh!

[When I was there a year ago, I indeed tried their poke - at least three different types of it.]

I don’t think this is a threaded board (you can ask Robert to be certain, but I’m pretty sure if it had threading you’d see that structure). As people get use to this board, though, they’ll make great use of the “highlight to quote” option, like I have above. That way, we can make it more clear when we are making directed comments.

Costco carries Ahi? We’ve never bothered to buy fish at Costco. Is it good?

Aloha RB!
What u talking about Willis?
Ahi is sold at all the San Diego Costco’s as well as the Hawaiian ones too…
The Poke is now at the Poway Costco on the weekends and they have 3+ different styles of Poke…
They don’t give samples…damn it.

Aloha

I find their Ahi and all the fish selection quite good…
When they have the Seafood Road Show, I usually always get 2 pounds of King Crab and power down those bad boys…
With the road show, they have clams, shrimp, lobster and scallops, I believe.

Aloha Dags!

1 Like

Sorry, I was focusing on the poke (of course they all have the ahi). And yeah, I remember stopping by the Poway Costco one weekend in June when I was out in that area, and I did notice they had the poke bar. I assumed it was just a special event. They should definitely open one in the Morena store as well.

1 Like

The fresh seafood at Costco can be quite good. For example, during Copper River salmon season you get nice sockeye filets for 10.99/lbs. Once in a while they also have nice selection of live seafood like lobster, prawns and various oysters.

Selection varies obviously.

2 Likes

they also have seasonal smoked wild alaskan sockeye salmon (not sure if you’re talking about the same?)

cheap hibiki, if you can find.
mckenna 10, if available in your area.
la brea “torta” rolls.
stamps
la fitness annual passes.
ferrarini butter for days i’m feeling too poor for beurre de baratte

when I get really lazy i get the meatballs cuz the kids sometimes like 'em.

also, folks in LA, there are far better tire deals than Costco now… holler at Tire Central, San Gabriel.

2 Likes

Oh my, that’s good to know. I swoon for Copper River salmon.

1 Like

Most Costco locations have a fresh seafood ‘event’ on certain days that is really quite good. It’s set up near the packaged fish section but has a fishmonger feel to it. Most people I know say THAT’S when to buy seafood there.

1 Like

I do love that too!!!

I was speaking of the Scottish style smoked salmon, looks like the nova. But I guess they use sherry barrels in Scottish style as the smoking wood (maybe they don’t with the Costco since they say “style”) – the slices are thin but nice and large. Good bagel coverage.

3 Likes

poke at Tustin store
econo size totinos pizza rolls (I love these damn things with beer)
aidells pineapple teriyaki meatballs (damn these things are good, and samples)
pumpkin pie
rotisserie chicken $4.99
CAB tomahawk ribeyes (seasonal)

1 Like

I was at COSTCO and took a horrible photo.

1 Like

Going today and I like getting the half and half…brown rice in the six pk…super grain/seed bread…Himalayan Pink Sea Salt…Peppercorns…La Brea Bakery Torta Rolls are fantastic.

The wild salmon is very good when they have it. Good deals on smoked salmon too. They do very good pre-made enchilada and their pies are great deals. The Kirkland Vodka is also a great deal.