Costco faves

To ward off unwelcome guests! :smile:

1 Like

Canned sardines.

I saw those on coupon this week. Are they tasty?

Yes! Packed in olive oil. I love all that stuff…kippered snacks, anchovies, etc. Costco sells them in 6 packs.

1 Like

Their booze Xmas package deals are an incredible buy and I just bought for $21.99 the Stoli Moscow Mule with a 1.75 Stoli Vodka, 4 Ginger Stoli Beers and 2 copper colored mugs with Stoli written on them.

The decorative Tequila Cowboy hat with 2 shot glasses is a riot ($54)…along with the cowboy boot filled with Tequila with 2 shot glasses for $29.99…

When the Lindt Truffles go on sale from $10 to $7 after Thanksgiving, this is a good gift for Xmas parties and get one for yourself too.

No more cookbooks from Costco the day after Thanksgiving…rat bastards…I would score 3-4 of them and give them as Xmas gifts and was big man on campus, that everyone loved.

:christmas_tree:

I think those Lindt Truffle Chocolates are on sale now. Costco cookbook gifts, big dog on campus!

I saw some of the liquor deals, crazy good.

Sledge!!
I was there yesterday and the truffles were $9…no discount.
They have the pretzel peppermint bark that is new and forgot to get them but I’m always at Costco…
Looking forward to the cheese road show… :tongue:

They’re the Lindt Lindor Balls. Flavors are Milk, Dark, Caramel, Extra Dark. 50 count for $7.99 (2.80 0ff). Go get’m!! while you’re still young enough to get zits.

We avoid buying any of the pre-made non-Costco foods as most of them are horribly unhealthy. The marinated tri-tip for example has WAY too much salt and sugar. That being said, the Costco tri-tips and pork cuts have been pretty good. Almost all the good pork and beef chops are boneless now which I do not prefer.
The southern hemisphere racks of lamb are my go-to…well marbled, hefty, and cheaper than anywhere else I have seen.
Costco used to carry high quality applewood smoked bacon, but have not seen it in six months.

Most of the salmon, halibut, and ahi has been spot on for the price. I second the fresh poke, love that stuff.
The Kirkland blanco Tequila is great for classic margaritas. I bought 1.75L for about the same price as a 750ml Cuervo 1800.
Costco usually has great prices on goat cheese and other fine cheeses that.

Unfortunately almost all the fresh veggies and fruits are far too much in quantity for the two of us.

1 Like

Hello Mr K, agree about most prepared foods in general, I avoid as the sodium levels will ‘stroke you out’.

I have seen applewood ‘thick cut’ smoked bacon, John’s I think. I am often lured in by the aroma when they’re sampling it, but I try to avoid the impulse buy as I feel my carotid arteries closing when I approach the cooler door.

I always marinade my meats to control what goes in to them. Often during the holiday season, Costco will have various bone in cuts, especially rib eye.

The Australian lamb at Costco is a sweet deal, boneless legs $4.99, chops 9.99.

Krispy!!!
Who knew you were a dolphin shorts and wife beater shirt lover of Richard…ha!

Love their fish and bought a gorgeous piece of Ahi that was fresh and I seared that last night rare, with a little sesame oil, on a bed of quinoa, sugar snap peas, baby heirloom tomt’s, red & green onions, avocado with a drizzle of sesame oil, lemon EVO with sea salt and lots of cracked black pepper with a side of lite soy sauce and Japanese horseradish… It kicked serious ass!!

:hibiscus:

1 Like

No zits for me…I don’t think there is scientific evidence that chocolate gives you pimples…maybe Herr Honkis will submit something from JAMA.

The peanut butter truffles are delicious.
Wish Costco would sell champagne dusted Parisian truffles…
They had yesterday a gorgeous bottle of champagne wrapped in a pink leather tote zippered…$45 and trying to remember the French brand…you can send that to me for Xmas!!!
:yum: :santa: :evergreen_tree:

They used to have Gingerbread houses.

Anyone seen those recently?

Gingerbread house just bought one last week at Costco…$10
:house:

1 Like

mataio. hahahaha.

Frozen Chicken Wings
Brisket
Flank Steak
Tri-Tip
Avocado Oil
Coconut oil
Electronics

Haven’t seen avocado oil…
I get my organic virgin coconut oil/ at TJ’s…never cooked with it since it’s da bomb for a lotion on my olive skin and my DH uses it for an after shave lotion and his skin is like a babies bottom and he looks ten years younger!
Gracias Papi!

:crown: :+1:

“Costco used to carry high quality applewood smoked bacon, but have not seen it in six months.”

That’s our home brand, kept in the Name Family freezer at all times. While I’m tempted to tease you with where I buy it now that it’s vanished from all the regular Costco location, I’ll pass up the self-indulgent opportunity and just tell you:

Costco Business Center still stocks it.

1 Like

Fakey!!!
Love Costco business center!!
Wish it was open on Sundays…

winner!! thanks for the heads up FN, I go by the Convoy costco all the time.