Cracker Barrel Coming to California

… to Victorville:

I do (or did - it’s been 13+ years) enjoy their hashbrown casserole.

Now why can’t we get Waffle House out here?!

ETA: The Register does a lousy job of policing comments (or, possibly, is happy to have the traffic the more controversial/offensive commenters generate).

1 Like

The only things I remember about Cracker Barrel back when I lived in the midwest was 1) my ex LOVED their biscuits and gravy (which I have never really understood) and 2) they used to have a policy against openly gay employees, and supported causes that made them whatever the 90’s version of ‘problematic’ was, ala’ Chik-Fil-A.

I think they got rid of the overtly nasty political stuff, but I still never quite understood the appeal of having a country breakfast place attached to a pseudo-folksy gift shop, with or without the bible-bent.

4 Likes

+1 on the Waffle House.

3 Likes

On roadtrips I go out of my way to avoid Cracker Barrel.

6 Likes

I’ll avoid the cheap Tiger Woods joke but when my SIL lived in the south, the nickname for Waffle House was “Awful Waffle”

1 Like

Wasn’t there a Cracker Barrel in Cerritos before?

1 Like

Can’t see any reason, based on their menu, their contrived “country-ness” (or their political views), that I’d drive to Victorville, or even across town, for this. I also was horribly disappointed by Waffle House the first time I went to one in the South. Gimme Uncle Bill’s, or even Original Pancake House…

2 Likes

Waffle House is not about the food.

Waffle House is about “I dunno, man… wassopen? I got… eight bucks and some change… wait. no. that’s my keys.”

1 Like

Scattered, Smothered, Diced.

2 Likes

The one thing I like about Cracker Barrel is the attached shop. Great prices on cast iron and other cooking items - and they have great salt water taffy.

1 Like

Donnie Wahlberg likes WH :slight_smile:

Donnie Wahlberg leaves $2,000 tip at Waffle House - ABC News

I grew up in Atlanta but don’t believe I’ve ever eaten at CB. I checked and there’s not one in ATL. Whew :slight_smile:

1 Like

Scattered, Smothered, Capped and Covered for me.

1 Like

Translate please?

1 Like

Waffle House has “additions” to their hashbrowns:
https://wafflehouse.com/waffle-house-menu/

I used to order them smothered (grilled onions) and capped (mushrooms).

There’s also the Waffle House Index, courtesy of FEMA:

2 Likes

Scattered, smothered, covered and chunked FTW!

2 Likes

Fast Food Maven is on the case!

2 Likes

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

And yet more Cracker Barrel news:

Heard waits can be 3+ hours. I thought Howlin Ray’s line was crazy. This is nuts.

I’ve never eaten at a Cracker Barrel before and I’m probably never going to.

3 Likes