CUT by Wolfgang Puck - Dinner (Thoughts / Pics)

I’m sure! :grin:

I didn’t want to blight your CUT thread any longer, so I purged on FTC Confessions. There is probably a combined calorie count of 50K on my list; one was voted saltiest restaurant in America.

And 3000+ calories if you get the 3-point bloomin

But it tastes so good!!

Wait, I thought we were talking about steakhouses? Or am I missing something?

I’ve been to Sizzler when we lived in a small town and could have “steak and all the shrimp you can eat.” But never have been to Outback. I’ve commented to friends that I’m glad we no longer have to eat at chains, regardless of price.

[quote=“ipsedixit, post:64, topic:5703”]
steakhouses?
[/quote]You mean Outback is so bad it can’t be considered a steakhouse? Or do you mean a house made of steak? :confused:

[quote=“catholiver, post:65, topic:5703”]
I’ve been to Sizzler when we lived in a small town
[/quote]That’s why I’m suprised to have never been to Outback. The kids played travel hockey. In some of those small towns Outback would be the equivalent of CUT. A lot of times it’s the local diner or Dairy Queen. I’ve eaten at a lot of chains. :unamused:

I don’t know this but isn’t Outback more expensive?

More expensive than what?

Oh, you mean Sizzler? Yes, I think so. But Sizzler would be a big deal in some towns too. I’m not joking.

No, I understand. Twenty-five years ago we moved from SF to SW Oregon. What a challenge in so many ways. At that time we had not a single thing…I don’t even know how to describe it. But, yeah, Sizzler was something that happened every few months.

[quote=“catholiver, post:71, topic:5703”]
I don’t even know how to describe it.
[/quote]I know. I didn’t take my husband serious. He was like “I told you.” :astonished:

I remember when an outback opened in my hometown that was a big deal!!!

The first big deal restaurant opening in my town was Olive Garden. It had lines out the door for years.

I feel ya’. I grew up in a place that didn’t allow commercial restaurants (except one Dairy Queen, but no Golden Arches ever!). But we had really good restaurants, so…

[quote=“hungryhungryhippos, post:74, topic:5703”]
The first big deal restaurant opening in my town was Olive Garden.
[/quote]Yep, those were the kind of towns our oldest (especially) has spent a lot of time in. O.G. was his favorite restaurant. Thankfully, his palate has improved considerably :relieved:.

Lol same here I grew up with Applebee’s, Olive Garden, and Red Lobster being fine dining staples…