Dave's Hot Chicken (Thai Town Pop-Up)

Did you by any chance ask them if they have any plans on serving bone in chicken in the future?

1 Like

I did not ask them about bone-in, but I read online that they are considering it.

1 Like

I want to understand what is making people flip out about fried chicken with a fuck load of cayenne on it… it’s not complicated or interesting… takes basic technique to make… f uck is going on here ? the hype machine is really strong.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very unusual for people in LA to flip out over a fad. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Because good fried chicken is hard to do, regardless of the seasoning.

3 Likes

If the hype machine is so strong and the technique so basic, you should cash in and and make a fortune. :wink:

1 Like

Agree with you. Look at the LA area and consider the fried chicken places - not many around, and of those? Very very few considered​ worthy. If more were around, Howlin’Ray’s wouldn’t have those lines. LA is starved for fried chicken done right.

2 Likes

Friend insists on going here. Anyone been recently? Told him I heard mixed reviews and it will not be as good as HR’s.

In exchange he will agree to also hit up Yai’s (Hollywood Blvd location) and Yuca’s (Hillhurst location) with me, what a pal!

2 Likes

I’d suggest going it’s good

It definitely won’t be as good as HR, but I still like Dave’s a lot. Also lines are shorter, it’s a little cheaper, and you can go wait in the wine bar nearby after you order if it’s crowded. And being able to eat it for dinner/late night is a huge benefit too.

I’ve honestly never quite understood the Yuca’s love; what do you get there?

Hamburger

Srsly. Rlly.

When we tried Dave’s for the first time, we thought the boat noodles at Pa Ord were as good as always, and the coconut juice was very refreshing.

4 Likes

The burgers!!!

Looks like Dave’s is “coming soon” to the southwest corner of Rosewood/Fairfax.

1 Like

Pretty nice tender I must say. Tried the Very hot or whatever… Nexts time definitely Reaper (highest).

Did enjoy.

New ones dropping in KTown and on Fairfax soon

wow you have high spice tolerance. I got the medium and regretted it after one bite.

Yea we go to Thai Town A LOT lol

Nemroz with the spicy flex

Our intern did the whole waiver thing and tried the reaper. She said it tasted like nothing. Not spicy to her, but she grew up eating Sichuan food…so you gotta that her opinion with a grain of salt.