DeSano Pizza Bakery - Pop-Up with Italian Pizzaiolo Attilio Bachetti

I drive to DeSano from Torrance and it’s worth it, to me.

Although there is a location in Long Beach now, apparently.

3768 Long Beach Blvd
Ste 102
Long Beach, CA 90807

2 Likes

Interestingly the Hollywood location is 4.5* on Yelp but the long beach location is only 3.5*. Having said that, this review for the LB location, I just can’t even…

5 Likes

What size do the pizza’s come in? They look delish!

I drive from Los Feliz and it’s totally worth it :relaxed:

@Luluthemagnificent they serve them in 12" and 18" except the Carnivole which only comes in one size.

2 Likes

Does the reviewer mean ranch dressing to dip the crust in?

That, and also some for the bathtub later…

3 Likes

Or he’s a heathen and wants ranch to put all
over his carnevale.

1 Like

I love Yelp.

oh, i thought he/she meant they were disappointed in not getting to pet the horses.

3 Likes

i"m waiting for @lapizzamaven to go. We seem to have the same taste in pizza. My fear with this place is though it looks amazing, I hate ricotta.

1 Like

did the carnevale come with a side of marinara sauce or did you ask for that separately?

it comes with it

2 Likes

Hi @Luluthemagnificent,

If I remember correctly, @lapizzamaven has been before and liked it.

Also most of their pizzas don’t use Ricotta.

1 Like

Yah it comes on the side for free. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are those massive globs of white stuff then?

Had a great lunch at desano thanks to @Chowseeker1999 #worththedrive. Can i just follow you around the city? I promise i don’t bite, i take frequent naps, and only require the occasional uni.

Carnevale - tomato sauce, sausage, basil, ricotta
I love the marinara dipping sauce. I use the provided minced garlic and olive oil with my crust to make my own ricotta stuffed garlic knots, it’s like two dishes for the price of one, brilliant.

San Gennaro - San Marzano tomato sauce, sausage, peppadews, garlic, caramelized onions, scamorza, mozzarella di bufala, pecorino romano
This was actually the highlight for me, crispy crust, bright flavorful tomato sauce and the sweetness of the peppadews and carmelized onions balanced everything out. Outstanding.

12 Likes

Hi @Luluthemagnificent,

Oh that’s mozzarella di bufala. :slight_smile:

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Yay! So glad you liked DeSano’s. :slight_smile:

That is a brilliant idea (to use the minced garlic and olive oil on the ends of the Carnevale!). :slight_smile:

We love the San Gennaro as well. It was the first Pizza we ever got at DeSano a few years ago when they first opened up. We just wanted to try a bunch of other flavors in the subsequent visits. :wink:

1 Like

Great pics @Chowseeker1999 and @PorkyBelly.

I’m roasting a brisket for dinner, but now craving pizza!

2 Likes

Yes, the pizzas are great (no doubt) but people really need to try their calzones. Works of art.

Their calzones would be second only to the ones at Sotto, except for the minor detail that Sotto no longer offers calzones (as a standard menu item).

4 Likes