Destroyer (Culver City): A Pictorial Essay

Make up your mind. Hen or rooster? Or is it a hen’s prerogative to change her mind without having to explain herself?

[quote=“bulavinaka, post:21, topic:4311”]
Or is it a hen’s prerogative to change her mind without having to explain herself?
[/quote]I can see your are happily married. You have the most important rule down.

Nope it’s still an “organic hen egg”. I found that picture for @Bookwich who wants a rooster egg. Actually in my research :smile: I found roosters do occasionally lay “cock eggs”. They’re not fertilized.

How irritated is @J_L right now that we’re messing with his/her post with this silliness :innocent:.

2 Likes

Pas du tout! Carry on…

Here’s photo of the Destroyer breakfast menu, in case you need more fodder for folly…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m whooped. She calls the shots. SWMBO or die.

I was going to give Destroyer a try (never had a chance to try Chef Kahn at RedMed) but remembered “no weekend hours.” Ended up at “ol’” reliable Gjusta instead.

2 Likes

[quote=“bulavinaka, post:24, topic:4311”]
Yeah, I’m whooped. She calls the shots. SWMBO or die.
[/quote]Woody Allen in Mighty Aphrodite

Max(son): Who is the boss between you and mommy?
Lenny Weinrib(woody): Who is the boss? You have to ask that? I’m the boss. Mommy is only the decision maker.”

1 Like

Yeah… We never made it to Red Medicine and it was right down the street. I didn’t think it was going to close.

[quote=“J_L, post:23, topic:4311”]
Pas du tout! Carry on…
[/quote]Oh good :grin:. I almost used “Icelandic rye bread”. But seriously, they have a cool website and the food does look good.

Pas du tout - hmmmmm - didn’t see that one on the menu - garçon! :wink:

Icelandic rye bread is a real thing.

I’m sure. I love brown breads and would probably order it. It just reads a little… you know. I don’t want to say.

lol! if that reads a ‘little’ then ‘Avocado confit’ and ‘kale oil’ (expeller pressed?) read???

I tease but I’ll prolly check it out next week -cash in hand!

1 Like

Yelp says they give you plastic cutlery? Is this correct?? Because I don’t do that.

I don’t know about oppressive, but it is definitely intrusive. My bank doesn’t need to know my deconstructed breakfast choices.

3 Likes

And now I want to experience it. Cool article.

[quote=“aaqjr, post:31, topic:4311”]
lol! if that reads a ‘little’ then ‘Avocado confit’ and ‘kale oil’ (expeller pressed?) read???
[/quote]I know… even better.

[quote=“aaqjr, post:31, topic:4311”]
I tease but I’ll prolly check it out next week -cash in hand!
[/quote]Yep… If it were in my 'hood I would too.

Beautiful silver (plastic) cutlery is indeed provided.

Yes I felt quite the food luddite while eating here. (Neologism: Fuddite, trademarked by J_L 09/25/16.)

3 Likes

J_L wrote “Luddite”. Everyone eat an organic hen egg.

2 Likes

Would a Fuddite eat a wascally wabbit if he (or she) ever caught one?

2 Likes

This is like a drinking game! So do we have to eat an organic hen egg (chu-right finding one😆) each time J_L states that word, or is it when the word shows up in general?

1 Like