Devastated that Bourdain died

But what does “decades younger” have to do with it?

I saw something in the past of him cooking breakfast for his daughter and friend(s) after a sleep over.

Okay so, he cooked breakfast for his daughter’s sleepover on TV. I’m sure he was a cool dad and a sweet dad. He was also the dad who said his divorce wouldn’t disrupt his kid’s life because he was hardly home and she didn’t know anything different.

Look, we all have our own opinions about things. I think his young wife probably grew up, had a child and was less interested in traveling the globe eating animal anus.

AFAIK, they weren’t divorced.

And why would she travel with him? My mate traveled as much as 80% of the time. I didn’t go with him. Why would I?

He wrote and talked about his life openly. Both his wives traveled with him and both got tired of it, and his marriages broke up because of the distance.

I hadn’t read that. Could you provide citation(s)? Again, he wasn’t divorced from his second wife.

Could I provide citations? Sorry, No. We’ve already spent too much time on this. I’m sure the board is riveted.

Okay. I’ll accept your statements as your opinions then. Thanks.

I can accept that. :wink:

… from Stephen Chow’s HK food masterpiece, “God of Cookery”:

God%20of%20Cookery%20colon%20scene

5 Likes

I guess I should have written “only your opinions.”

That’s not accurate.

LOL. Riveted.

2 Likes

You too? I’m sorry your honor. Apparently my thoughts on the mating game didn’t go over so well.

Putkoski had a “limitless potential for causing mayhem” whenever he had to film. “I was keeping a sharp, worried eye on Nancy, who hated the idea of making a television show, hated being near a camera, and had already taken a serious dislike to the producer for keeping me busy most of the day shooting ‘B-roll,’ meaning scenery, shots of me walking around and pretending I was thinking deep thoughts, while she stewed, neglected, in a hotel room,” - Anthony Bourdain, A Cook’s Tour.

“I’m a very good uncle,” he said. “The evil uncle who lets them do everything. But a parent? Up until very recently I could hardly take care of myself.” - Anthony Bourdain, the Guardian.

“Nobody’s ever going to say, ‘Oh, but you promised we were going to go to the beach.’ No, you know, you get a gig, that’s it. That’s it. Nothing else matters. Work first.” Anthony Bourdain on his relationship with Asia Argento, while taking a shot at his wife. - People

There are many more quotes like this. Interpret the shit anyway you like. In my next FTC life I’m going to be you @Chowseeker1999 and stick to food reporting.

1 Like

Bourdain said that the epiphany he had on first visit to Vietnam, when filming the third and fourth episodes of his first show, sparked his breakup with Nancy Putkoski, so she didn’t go on enough shoots to get tired of it.

Busia did not go on shoots with him regularly. She was working full time from when they met until she had the baby, and not long after that started spending hours a day at the gym.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that Tampopo version was further upstream.

i put together a list of places bourdain visited in LA and will do a pilgrimage of sorts.

tomorrow for lunch: tacos villa corona in atwater village. probably around 11:30.

9 Likes

Do you mind sharing that list with us?

2 Likes

I find it humorously ironic that @not_tellin is asking @secretasianman to name names.

But yes, I too would be interested in your list, @secretasianman.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Jones is clearly a lunatic.

2 Likes