Dim Sum in LA

Portuguese eggs tart still fucking great from China Red if I grab then to go ???

Yeah, but theyā€™re best eaten when hot.

Iā€™m definitely eat them right as Iā€™m leaving the fucking joint.

1 Like

Must not have tried the house special seafood dumplings or the sea cucumber soup dumplings. Those things are as delicate as can get! :wink:

Actually I DID order them.

I donā€™t knowā€¦ Maybe Sergio wasnā€™t cooking that day. Those dishes just did not hit a home run with me. Not even a walk-off single.

Whaaat?! I love them because theyā€™re so juicy every time and so different from what every other dim sum place in town is serving.

I guess our sushi preferences align but not our dim sum preferences! :wink:

Whoā€™s Sergio ???

are the two dumplings you referred to pork and red meat free ?

Thanks man.

you could stick them under your arm on the drive home.

Lamar Odom could say that more clearly than kevin

2 Likes

Cambridge still had a section on ā€œOriental Studiesā€ when I was there in 1999. :frowning: I think immigrants are less sensitive to the word ā€œOrientalā€ than are Asian-Americansā€¦

On a food-related note, I think Iā€™m going to try China Red for my next dim sum outing, since a good friend who lives dim sum lives relatively close by. What else do you recommend beside the egg tart?

@CiaoBob: too soon, CB, too soonā€¦ :frowning:

#27 - Crisp Cream Yam Bun. Even more spectacular than the excellent egg tart IMO

Pic source: Kevineats. Thanks Kev!

1 Like

whereā€™s the menu from ???

it looks fucking dope.

China Red

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve had that b/f! Sounds goodā€¦

At China Red, my greatest weaknesses (and there are many) are the sweet cream buns, egg tarts (both varieties), sugar cakes, and because a person cannot live on sweets alone, the deep-fried prawn rolls as well as the chiu-chow dumplings.

1 Like

now what are chiu-chow dumplings ???

Omg. Excellent selections. Thx.

Great to see you here Liu

1 Like

An out-of-townerā€™s ranking:

1. Sea Harbour

2. Elite (though havenā€™t eaten there in more than a year)

3. Lunasia/China Red

4. King Hua*

Havenā€™t yet been to Shanghai #1 for dim sum; havenā€™t been to the old-school cart places in years.

*Odd: even though Iā€™ve listed this as 5 it gets converted to 4. when I post or save the edit.

1 Like