Dining Solo

Was in Denver for work this week and a vendor took us to The Source for dinner. Had drinks at the bar in the main area – great craft beers and we were amazed by the prices ($5-6 for good pours). Had dinner at Acorn and loved it. Excellent food and good service too. There were 5 of us so we ordered about 10 plates, including the aged rib-eye and Italian sausage with risotto. Great cocktails too. Not sure what the bill was as our host paid, but the prices on the menu were reasonable.

Thanks for sharing. I guess I need to make it to Acorn. Everyone has been saying its great. I don’t find prices in restaurants here to be that expensive I think you get a lot of great food for reasonable prices.

1 Like

Nice. Thanks for the report back! Glad to hear it’s still going strong. Make it to anything else good? I’ll probably be back there towards the end of Nov/early December.

And yeah, @foodie4life - you’ve got to get over there. One of the local magazines even named it the best restaurant in the city last year: 5280's List of Denver's Best Restaurants 2017: Acorn

1 Like

We flew in Monday evening, which is when we went to Acorn, and then Tuesday morning we went to Snooze on Larimer Street for breakfast, based on the recommendation of our Uber driver. We were originally headed to Santiago for green chile breakfast burritos, but checked out the reviews for Snooze online and changed our plans. We enjoyed our meal there as well – I did the Benny’s Duo with the Chilaquiles Benedict with barbacoa beef and Chile Verde Pork Benedict. Both were excellent. My coworkers went with the Chilaquiles Benedict and the Breakfast Burrito.The conference we attended was at a hotel, so they provided standard hotel food for the rest of our meals during the actual conference.

On the way back to LA, we had dinner at Rock Bottom at the airport, which was good. I went with the Reuben and my coworker got the Laredo burger. He asked for medium rare and got it done that way, which made him very happy since they won’t do medium rare burgers here!