Dinner at GW Finns

Back from the trip! Had a wonderful time, in part thanks to all the great information I got here!
First night in NOLA we went for cocktails at Bar Richelieu at Arnauds, right across from GW Finns. We ordered more drinks than we could finish, just to sample. The bartender insisted on pouring the last of the cocktails into a plastic cup to take to the restaurant! We had reservations at Finns that we made well in advance. Even with a 9pm reservation, we had to wait to be seated, as the restaurant was packed. The service was very good and our waiter was very helpful, even recommending other restaurants.
The food was what made the evening a stand-out! Our starters were shrimp remoulade and soft shell crab with cashews. The sauce on the shrimp was excellent and the cashews on the crab made for a great combination! My husband got a filet of fish that had a piece of chicken skin fried onto it! Genius! My fish came with with perfectly fried crab fritters. All the fish was perfectly cooked, moist. No room for dessert!

src=“//foodtalkcentral.sfo3.digitaloceanspaces.com/original/2X/9/9ab1521103bb98602eae3865591db4e24fa4d57c.jpg” width=“503” height=“500”>

Sorry that the photos are out of order. The cocktails are from Arnauds.

3 Likes