Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- JULY 2016 -- BBQ/GRILLED MEATS

I think MB is doing something similar to what you describe. I don’t know how or where they hold the birds, but when I ordered it at the counter, the counter person said the bird had to be prepared and finished on a grill, and would take an additional 15 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah, one time I went just at opening and ordered ribs. It took 25 minutes because they weren’t done yet (no ribs were leaving the pass either). I think they resting and didn’t want to rush the process, which I rather them do than serve under the expected quality. The ribs were delicious so the wait was worth it to me.

1 Like

in honor of the last day of July and last day for BBQ/GRILLED MEATS, I pulled out the last of the brats I had brought home from Wisconsin earlier this summer. Gawd they’re good.

8 Likes

@ebethsdad Those dishes are gorgeous.

Moruno at The Farmers Market on Fairfax.
Chicken Thigh Skewers w/garlic & cilantro. Tender, juicy and a nice crispy char.

3 Likes

Marinated Flap Meat from Wholefoods - Done on my portable Cuisinart gas grill. I used @President_Mochi’s marinade & added a little vegetable oil. Nice caramelization on the outside, great flavor & very tender.

10 Likes

Looks great!!

My sweetheart wanted to get in on the FTC action during BBQ month. He went to Phillip’s BBQ on Crenshaw, but it was closed for a week of cleaning… good to know. He went back and here’s his experience:
“I happen to drive down Crenshaw Blvd and discovered PHILLIPS BBQ was open and not too many customers - couldn’t resist. Keep in mind St. Louis Style Pork Ribs is one of my weaknesses. I use to frequent LEO’s back in the day back in the 70s - LEO’s BBQ was The BOMB. Anyway, I ordered a 1/2 slab of pork ribs with beans & potato salad. The Pork Ribs were cooked perfectly - not salty - beautiful smoke ring - moist - juicy - succulent and the sauce is GREAT. Phillips is back at the top of the rotation - Good Eating”

The infamous generic beans & potato salad and slice of wonder bread.

2 Likes

Those sides look like a crime against humanity

1 Like

I know. But you see he managed to eat some of it… Habit? I always end up throwing the rest away. For me - I’m not really a rib girl anymore. But I love Phillip’s sauce!