Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- JULY 2017 -- BURGERS

Went to Kings in Northridge for the usual sushi + bacon burger/mix tempura. No pic so here’s an earlier one.

10 Likes

the burger they have at brunch at tasting kitchen is phenomenal

1 Like

One day early…but the office catered a summer party for the employees. Pink’s Hot Dogs and TK Burgers from the OC. Skipped the hot dogs and had the cheeseburger from TK with fries. It was a good cheeseburger where you add your own toppings (secret sauce, iceberg lettuce, tomato, and sliced red onion…pickled jalapeños if that’s your game). Fries were crispy, but they tasted off…maybe as a result of the oil being old. Not bad for a free lunch.

2 Likes

SmokeShack and Roadside Double.
Shake Shack, Hollywood.

6 Likes

patty melt at rodeo burger in norco. it was better than a carrot.

2 Likes

Closeup of the Shack Burger from my most recent visit to Shake Shack. The crust on this baby was just perfect.

5 Likes

Me so happy at The Apple Pan…

7 Likes

Tuck Room Tavern’s Wagyu Beast Burger (aged cheddar, crispy shallots, bacon jam, smoked ham, applewood bacon, classic aioli), which comes with fries and ketchup. 310 Blonde is a bonus option. Word.

6 Likes

Is this the restaurant in the iPic?

Edit (after seeing your response, @J_L): the few times I’ve been to the iPic, I’ve found the food to be better than it really needs to be, given the captive audience. Perhaps time for a visit to the restaurant, even if I’m not catching a movie…

1 Like

They are currently featuring a wonderful in-season dessert: Strawberries & cream, made with delicious Harry’s Berries gaviotas, front and center. Anything that connects “Sherry Yard” and “dessert” is worth going to, in my book…

8 Likes

Is that the one with american cheese? It looks yummo! Good picture.

…am I allowed to say (write) american cheese?

Actually I think of Tuck Room Tavern as more of a gastropub which happens to have a movie theater attached to it…

Yeah, and I HATE American cheese, but this burger was still good.

Why wouldn’t you be allowed to say American cheese? I’m confused.

1 Like

Great… I have an unhealthy love of american cheese - not the shiny slices wrapped in plastic, but deli-style, like in your picture.

Ignore the 2nd question, it wasn’t really directed at you. I was being peevish.

2 Likes

You’re allowed to say “american cheese”. I draw the line at “yummo” though. ;o)

4 Likes

Hah! I know, I know.

2 Likes

Chance Burger (jalapeño, sautéed chili onion, habanero cream coleslaw, cheddar) from The Standing Room in Redondo Beach. I tend to not like most of the burgers here because I feel like they have too much going on, but I really like the flavor combination of this one.

8 Likes

You win!

1 Like

Oh wait. I’ve been to this place and have been trying to remember the name since burgers were voted. It’s a counter in a convenience store? Yes, the burger had a lot going on and I hate baby greens on my burger (your slaw looks much better). With that said it was still pretty delicious. They know how to cook a burger. Great picture btw.

2 Likes

Plus a 16-ouncer for background music.

2 Likes