Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- JULY 2017 -- BURGERS

I used to think avocado was the best thing ever on anything, especially a sandwich. Who was it that said people can’t change? :woman_shrugging:t4:

No mayo or at least veganaise on a sandwich? What are you? An anarchist?

Agreed. I love avocado/guac on a burger… as long as there’s bacon to go with it. For me, it’s one of those magical food combos. Rich, salty, smoky goodness.

2 Likes

I like chili, cheese & egg or bacon, cheese & egg… of course, every couple of months.

Okay, I partially agree with that one. I do❤️bacon and avocado together. A BLT w/Avocado is the bomb.

3 Likes

Edit: I mean on a burger, of course.

Those are looking fantastic guys. Thanks!

I can’t think of the last time I’ve ordered a burger out so here’s mine from the weekend.

Cast iron smashed Nancy Silverton’s blend from Huntington’s. Brioche. Grilled onions. Kids and us were pleased

6 Likes

Concur with you on mayo.

Hate the stuff.

Will only put it on cheese.

And I never eat cheese, at least not with mayo.

1 Like
1 Like

Do you hate the real one, or just the processed jar mayonnaise?

Both.

But love tartar sauce as well as Miracle Whip.

Miracle Whip is an abomination.

6 Likes

I might even enjoy cheese if it had Miracle Whip on it.

…so says the lord.

Don’t bother. Stick to not liking cheese.

2 Likes

Is mayo just too much un-diluted fattiness for you? I like both mayo and tartar sauce, but I like tartar sauce more.

I’m a recovering mayophobe due to childhood trauma. My father put mayo on EVERYTHING. But I have to admit it’s getting better. I like aioli and am addicted to Ojai Cook’s garlic herb lemonaise. I also really dig the bernaise(?) sauce at Ludobird.

Still have a tough time with straight mayo, though. I think @paranoidgarliclover nailed it with the undiluted fattiness comment. I need some other flavor, preferably acidic, to cut through the fat.

1 Like

The topic of Mayonnaise is fascinating. Being from the USSR there’s no way around it. Russia leads the world by far per capita and we all love it.

1 Like

Indeed. Just imagine visiting as a mayophobic child. I also came away with a lifelong aversion to cucumbers.

So interesting. There’s no food that makes me gross out basically, except for probably the boiled pigs feet my people love so much. I love the soup but usually can’t fuck with the meat/snot

I love avocado and guacamole on burgers and sandwiches, so much so that I often suspend my thrifty disposition and splurge by adding avocado. Mayo is OK in light amounts. As a child, my sandwiches were always prepared with butter (baloney and butter, deviled ham and butter, etc.) and I always wished my mom would just buy us a jar of mayo.

To contribute to the DotM thread, I had Fred 62’s (on Vermont in Los Felix) veggie burger and found it quite delicious. Flavorful homemade patty that wasn’t beany (not my veggie burger preference) with avocado (yay!), the usual lettuce, tomato, and onions, all on a brioche bun. Served with a pickle. Unfortunately fries or a side cost extra.

2 Likes