Dish of the Month (DoTM) – JUNE 2017 -- FOOD ON A STICK

Speaking of sticks, where can i find some chōchin yakitori, aka lantern yakitori, aka the chicken uterus and unformed egg on a stick? because who doesn’t want to eat a baby egg.

I’ve had it at Torishiki in tokyo but haven’t been able to find it locally.

P.s. i searched for “uterus” but didn’t get any hits.

(not my photo)

3 Likes

Doing eggs and reproductive organs for DoTM wasn’t enough to satisfy this guy. Now he must find them on a stick.

Edit: And they have to be unformed and come from a chicken.

1 Like

Just when I thought I couldn’t love Japan anymore than I already do.

1 Like

I would say “yes,” personally…

2 Likes

…and I just noticed the phallus-y of it all. :roll_eyes:

Good…Yours is the only “personally” that counts to me on this thread :kissing_heart:.

Well, hell… if something is GROWN on a stick does it count, too? Corn? A nice leg of lamb, maybe? Both got their own built in sticks. Maple syrup is actually from the stick itself! What about orange chicken eaten by a 4 year old that just stabs pieces with a chopstick?

We let this go, soon it’ll be cereal for dinner! chocolate cake for breakfast! White wine served with beef! Madness! ANARCHY!!!

This is not 'Nam! There are RULES!!

3 Likes

[quote=“lectroid, post:107, topic:5817”]
What about orange chicken eaten by a 4 year old that just stabs pieces with a chopstick?
[/quote]Were you spying on me last Saturday night?

I don’t know why I encourage this nonsense.

1 Like

On the advice of counsel I am taking the 5th.

Also, the nightlight in the upstairs hallway is out. That’s not safe. You should replace the bulb.

7 Likes

Bernie’s Teriyaki in Echo Park/Flip Town.

Unlike other teriyaki joints they got skewers here.

Damn I hate to put mom&pop places down, but I gotta say that Bernie’s isn’t all that great… Yeah they got skewers, but that stick may taste better than the meat on it.

The wood soaks in the marinade better?

1 Like

Block Pop’s Triple Berry White Chocolate - Jinya Ramen Bar (Mid-Wilshire)

The frozen berries are rather flavorless, but its body is sweet, tart & creamy. They also have (but were out) Matcha Green Tea Pistachio.

2 Likes

had a corn dog from dog haus. I think I prefer it to Disneyland - blasphemy, I know.

1 Like

Didn’t know they had corn dogs. I am so going over there this week.

the real corn dog is better than the sliders, but the sliders are good too, esp. if you want to just sample (no stick however).

1 Like

I need to get in and try that. Love their Another Night in Bangkok.

1 Like

Well… it’s looking like July will be Burger month. I’ll do a twofer.

That does look good.