Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- MARCH 2016 -- Dumplings

JZhou

(From left to right)
Shrimp and chive dumplings, spicy meat and preserved vegetable dumplings, and house special seafood dumplings.

The sea cucumber seafood dumplings in ham broth.

Let’s try these then…

Myung In dumplings

that place is on my list but i haven;t been there yet.

Is the dish closer to you/the camera simply another variation of mandu? It looks like a dumpling that’s been purposely left open.

Vegetable potstickers, spicy shrimp wontons, scallion pancakes, and panfried pork buns from Pine & Crane. Didn’t try the panfried pork buns or the scallion pancakes, but the spicy shrimp wontons were very good.

The one in the foreground is their shrimp dumplings. The Garden Grove one was pretty lackluster and made with tiny low quality shrimp:

Found some much better ones in Queenstown, NZ with giant prawns:

Ahhhh… Got it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Hey Food Lovers - Try to give as much info as possible -location, etc - so we can all check out your finds. Thanks!

I know these are probably not authentic. But I was here for lunch and it’s dumpling month so why not.

Szechuan Dumplings w/Spicy Cilantro Sauce @Chin Chin Beverly Hills

yup. shrimp mandoo. personally, i think the ones at pao jao in koreatown plaza are better.

Authenticity doesn’t matter much (to me), as long as it’s tasty. :slight_smile:

How were they?

they are. they might be the best in K-town.

The Karage there is the best I’ve found among the ramen joints. Crisp and Juicy. Way was this so hard elsewhere?

Half off during happy hour!

They were actually tasty. The sauce had a little citrus or vinegar in it.

NOT the most photogenic of all dumplings. I was actually taken aback when the waiter fling it on the table. Otherwise it was good eating @ Happy Noodle restaurant in Temple City.

what the hell is that

That was my reaction when it landed in front of me…. I guess this is what happens when you cook in high heat with a mixture of H20, juice of an unwilling pig and a bit of liquefied carb.

but what the hell did you order for that to land in front of you?

That was the pork and vege dumplings. Crispy skin side up…I swear one of them has a smiling face :grin: