Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- MARCH 2017 -- DUMPLINGS

New menu item, y’all - like I said, it’s changed for the better.

1 Like

Edit: nm

Homemade Shrimp Wontons from my Mom’s friend…underground guerrilla operation, homemade dipping sauce of black vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha, and soy by me.

#626 #DatSGVLife #ChineseAuntiesMaking$$$

10 Likes

I have been here so long ( Santa Cruz ) I live under a rock . Love Oyunaa’s though . And a serious fan of Companion Bakery on the west side . The rye bread OMG .

Happy Noodle 03/21/2017

Vegetable Pan Fried Dumplings

Steamed Dumplings with Squash

House Special Stuffed Buns

Overall, my dining companion and I really enjoyed our meal, though the House Special Stuffed Buns were our favorites. We will likely try the lamb dumplings and something else next time, as we found the vegetarian ones a little too light for our palates that evening.

Happy Noodle
4815 El Monte Ave
Temple City, CA 91780

8 Likes

City?

Johnny Pacific. Winnetka.

6 Likes

Filling? :slight_smile:

Oops sorry. 4 beef tingas and 4 Kailua pork. Would heartily recommend both with chimichurri as well as their banana Nutella empanada.

I’ve always wondered about this place. I’ve frequently gone to World Empanada in Burbank and, for my fried fix, Mercado Burnos Aires in Van Nuys (more traditional.)

Are all the empanadas at JP fried? They look good.

Vastly superior to world empanadas IMO

1 Like

Beverly Glen Deli - Beverly Glen Blvd
Great meeting place between W.L.A. and the Valley.

Burt’s Little Kreplachs

Dumplings filled with ground meat and mashed potatoes served in chicken noodle soup.

Potato Knish w/Chicken Gravy

Flaky, golden pastry stuffed with mashed potatoes. I asked the waiter if he considered the knish a dumpling. He shrugged and said “I always have.” Sounds good to me.

5 Likes

i haven’t had a decent knish in decades

1 Like

I get no respect

Is this an inside joke?

Nah, I just thought his comment sounded like something Rodney Dangerfield would post if he were on FTC.

1 Like

Perfect

Delicious gnocchi with braised lamb, (watermelon?) radishes, and goat cheese at M.B. Post tonight - just a tad too much added salt on the dish but the gnocchi themselves were perfect.

1 Like

#Osteria Mozza

butternut squash mezzelune, amaretti

5 Likes

FWIW, i grew up in NE ohio where there was a significant jewish population and some very good delis were still around back in the 70’s.

2 Likes