Dish of the Month (DoTM) – November – DEEP FRIED

here’s a photo of the tenders. the kick builds up the more you eat, but not crazy spicy. also, the tenders are not kid’s size, but decent size pieces.

2 Likes

I love a good thai pork jerky! where’s inthanon thai?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/inthanon-thai-cuisine-los-angeles

You may recognize the name from this whole debacle…

http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/in-thai-town-a-new-restaurant-reflects-the-pok-pok-ification-of-thai-food-in-la-6013732

ahhhh. yes, I do remember that N+M blood soup/menu rip off issues……

Thanks to J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Perfect Thin and Crispy French Fries Recipe, the best fries I have had in LA are at my house.

2 Likes

I COULD pay for our Alarm License online but I actually go down to the city office on Sawtelle every year so I can get a Chicken Cutlet Lunch Plate at Tempura House. $6.50 exactly. Yummy Chicken Thigh. I get the white rice instead of the fried rice because it’s ‘healthier’. Oh and Granada Market next door still has all the Meiji Tofu you could want and nice cold bottles of Mineragua. Perfect accompaniment for this fried+starchfest.

–Dommy!

1 Like

OMG!! I went to bookmark this place and just realized this is the old CUBE!! LOL!! I’m like a Pizza place that does really good fried chicken?! Yes, I’ve had that fried chicken, it’s excellent!! Ah Cube…

–Dommy!

1 Like

The proprietors - they are the sweetest people.

I KNOW!! I was served by Grandma who is just the most adorable person ever. :slight_smile:

–Dommy!

1 Like

Where’s this fucking joint ???

yes, it’s the old CUBE space and the same fried chicken (I probably should have mentioned that in my post :laughing:). The pizza is really good as well…

1 Like

Wait what’s theis fucking joint ??? Cube ??? Etc. ??? I missed what you guys are getting at.

the two fried chicken pics that I posted upthread are from Pizza Romana on La Brea which is a reboot from the owner of CUBE (thus in the CUBE space and serving the same fried chicken along w/ new menu items)

LA Brea and Melrose. Next to the Bludso’s FWP

I got crabs at szechuan impression

4 Likes

Nice photo!

1 Like

Fried chicken and crullers at Plan Check, where I’d never been before. The chicken was terrif. The yam preserves, gravy, and spicy okra made for some tasty bites indeed. The cruller was a little overrated I mean disappointing I mean I had an opinion about it: Without all the creamy vanilla-y extras, it was more like an average churro than a good cruller.

Pardon the terrible flash pics. I was feelin’ lazy.

4 Likes

hey ns, is that thai joint good in general?

thanks.

can we just not, please?

I prefer it over Sri Siam at this point and I’m no longer under the impression that I need to go to thai town for good thai food.

They’re more of a general thai place with a small northern Thai menu, not much of a noodle house.

Would happily recommend.