Does anyone know what's going into the Terrine space on Beverly?

Maybe we should spin-off to a restaurant closing thread? :grin:

Nah. I think if a place is going to be shuttered (or shuttered outright), then the name of said eatery should appear on the tagline of the thread.

2 Likes

Okay, then maybe the POT part of this thread.

Then again. We should wait. This is just a rumor, until it isn’t.

Two dinners a week doesn’t seem like rational use of the space. How long ago did they cut back?

I noticed it a few months ago

1 Like

Ahhh yes. I remember that post.

I have some more skinny. POT as a stand alone restaurant will be no more. Choi and his POT style food will still have a presence at the Cafe, Commissary and the Line Hotel in general, for a long time to come. So, in other words, Chef Choi is doing just fine.

We can get back to Chef Morningstar, Terrine & speculation on that beautiful space. Shall we open betting? :relaxed:

1 Like

When anyone knows some intel on the Terrine space or Morningstar, I’d love
to hear it.

Yep… sorry about that.

@TheCookie in before the eater

1 Like

We make a good team :wink:. Looking forward to seeing what they put in the empty space.

1 Like

Ponte

3 Likes

Oh, this should be good. I would very much like to eat his pasta. Nice job @PorkyBelly.

[quote=“Novelli, post:32, topic:4994”]
Just be sure not to drive
[/quote]Exactly! I hope this doesn’t become a huge trend. I don’t want to be on the road with these people. My friend gave me one of those damn “gummy bears”. I ate half of it and couldn’t remember my name.

Thanks for the update on both the Beverly Blvd space and Morningstar –
though his new cannabis thing seems gimmicky…if certainly on trend…

I enjoyed Scarpetta and the food there.

And the pomodoro pasta was good, but I pretty much make that every summer; all you need for a good version is a little technique and properly sourcing your ingredients. (Granted, I do lack the fine motor skills required to pull off an “artful twirl” of pasta.)

But really?

• “A little more casual than Scarpetta”

• “modern Italian cuisine”

• “…plans to make full use of the existing wood-burning oven in the back of the space, as well as produce from local markets.”

Color me failing-to-be-excited.

[quote=“Bookwich, post:37, topic:4994”]
Scarpetta
[/quote]Okay. I hadn’t had caffeine yet. I have had his pasta. Pomodoro is probably my least favorite pasta sauce. Tomatoes, basil & garlic - how exciting :rolling_eyes:. But a waiter insisted we try it. I went back for it again the next night. I think they add a little cream and I don’t what else, but it was great. So was the the ravioli. It was like osso bucco in an envelope of fresh ravioli with a deliciously light sauce. If I remember, we were pretty disappointed with everything else. In their defense, they were getting ready to fold and there was a bit of lethargy in the air. We will definitely go to the new place.

It’s like saying the same about sushi: Raw tuna and rice - how exciting

1 Like

The @TheCookie. Scarpetta had some fabulous dishes. I’m not dissing them in any way. I just thought it odd that their $18 (?) spaghetti and pomodoro was so raved about. Maybe marketing? Because it’s low-cost/high-profit dish? They had so many other good dishes. The calves liver I had one night was one of my best ever.