Does anyone know what's going into the Terrine space on Beverly?

Yep, but I just don’t like it and don’t get why some think it’s so great.

Marketing wouldn’t get me to like something I don’t normally like. Taste would get me to like something I don’t normally like :relaxed:. $18!!! Was it that much? So, in two days I spent $40+ on pasta w/tomatoes, basil & garlic. Someone should put a leash on me.

@TheCookie

Believe it or not, this is and has been a “thing” for quite some time now.

These types of dinners are not at all about getting high. Most dishes don’t usually exceed more than 5mg per dish, which are also balanced out with CBD (negating the high/euphoric effect of THC).

It’s all about bringing new flavors, ingredients, and aromas to cooking, food, and beverage.

For a good primer, check out Viceland’s Bong Appetit program, where various forms of cannabis are used (oils, concentrates, terpenes, etc) not only in the cooking of dishes, but also in wines and cocktail pairings, followed by dab pairings afterwards.

One of my fav episodes is the collaboration with the Walker Inn crew, designing drink pairings w/ cannabis and food.

Marcel Vigneron of WOLF cooking a cannabis collab dinner.

1 Like

Mmmm dab pairings

But let’s be real here - dabs pair with everything.

2 Likes

The spaghetti pomodoro was great. There are a bunch of cooking shows where he demonstrates exactly how to make the sauce. It’s not difficult just time consuming.

The polenta with mushrooms was one of their best dishes. Umami packed dish. The polenta was soft like grits and the mixed mushrooms had a great jus that was spooned over the polenta.

2 Likes

I watch this show and have an otherworldly crush on that woman there.

1 Like

LOL my “otherworldy” crush is on that frickin’ pantry!

2 Likes

Did you see the one where they used like 5 lbs of herb to smoke Labne? LMAO.

1 Like

I don’t know. They look pretty high to me. Fantastic.

S[quote=“TheCookie, post:42, topic:4994”]
Marketing wouldn’t get me to like something I don’t normally like.
[/quote]

Well, yah, not you. But tourists, or people unsure of what to order at a fancy Italian place probably find it comforting to be able to confidently order something that has been raved about in food media.

well, does marketing ever get anyone to LIKE something they don’t normally like? it may
get them to TRY it, but i think that’s about as far as that goes.

perhaps an exception would be the marketing of popularity. i guess there are those – and maybe i’ve
been one of them – who go to and like a place regularly it’s hot or buzzy.

[quote=“linus, post:51, topic:4994”]
perhaps an exception would be the marketing of popularity. i guess there are those – and maybe i’vebeen one of them – who go to and like a place regularly it’s hot or buzzy.
[/quote]Guilty… but only if the buzz just won’t go away.

I wonder if the pasta scene in LA has passed Conant by.

Just so that everyone feels better, that spaghetti was actually $24

3 Likes

Menu posted ho-hum. $22 spaghetti

2 Likes

wow that facade is terrible and doesn’t match the interior of the restaurant at all.

At least the spaghetti is $2 cheaper.

2 Likes

Knowing that Conant is more of a traveling overseer of restaurants than a full-time lead on the line, The Ponte will be overseen day to day by none other than Freddy Vargas.

hm. well that’s interesting.

Yawn.

1 Like

Oh wow, charcuterie, branzino and jidori chicken all on the same menu!! Be still my heart!

Hottest restaurant opening of 2017, calling it now!

2 Likes

And tuna tartare!

[Lol, I had to edit cuz I jinxed you. Buy me a coke.]

But, where are the wood-burning oven roasted Brussels sprouts? Secret menu, you think?

3 Likes