Does anyone know what's going into the Terrine space on Beverly?

An off-menu special, I’m sure. For the insiders :wink:

1 Like

The reviews are in from Gold and Rodell. Pretty much what was discussed in the thread. Not a very inventive menu but classics executed very well. Spaghetti pomodoro, mushrooms with polenta, meatballs, etc…

http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/the-ponte-review-an-italian-stallion-rides-into-the-former-terrine-space-8208919

1 Like

finally went tonight…got the octopus, pomodoro, and side vegetables…cool spot and food was pretty damn tasty. will go back.

3 Likes

Food is dreck. Just dreck.

But what do you really think?

I haven’t been but not in a rush either. Would rather go to Bestia since its 20 minutes closer to home.

Not super informative, but very pithy of you.

1 Like

Someone writes about a tasty meal at a cool restaurant, the next poster comments that the restaurant is dreck, just dreck. Which one do you want to have a beer with?

2 Likes

Probably not the one that needs serious moderation for rudeness and not following FTC guidelines.

2 Likes

You cannot moderate an ipse dixit. It is what it is.

i wouldn’t rush to go and obviously Bestia is much superior, but if you’re looking for a new good date spot…has a nice “higher end” beverly hills feel but in the fairfax area.

The patio is awesome, and definitely will probably go back for brunch or an early dinner when it’s still light out.

The build-out was nice and classy inside (good bathrooms…lol I always judge a restaurant by their bathrooms).

In terms of Italian in the area…FOOD wise, I’d say Mozza and Angelini are higher tier…but I really enjoyed the vibe at The Ponte…As I said…good date spot, and the food was tasty just not on the Mozza/Angelini tier.

1 Like

I agree. I had a very fine foie gras toast, a terrifically great salad and the pomodoro spaghetti wich was lovely. Excellent (if mini) cocktails at a lively bar. It is pricey for the amount of food, but certainly not for the neighborhood.
I have no idea why @ipsedixit calls it out as “dreck.” There is so much dreckier Italian food to be had around town. My opinion the Ponte is quite good - but not great. Fits the need for something better than average but not top tier.
Sure, I wish Terrine had continued as well as it started (but it did not) and I wish that LA was able to sustain good French Bistros (but we don’t seem to give a shit about them).

1 Like

There is so much dreckier Italian food to be had around town. My opinion the Ponte is quite good - but not great. Fits the need for something better than average but not top tier.

100%