Dry muscat virgin

Yeah, enough is enough, I’m sick and tired of being a dry muscat virgin.
My liberation is on the way, details below.
(Anybody else in the room suffering from a similar condition? )
(Will it go well with bottarga?)

2014 Jorge Ordonez & Co • Botani
Rating: 90
Price ($) $18
Drink Date : 2016
Reviewed by : Robert M. Parker, Jr.
Issue Date : 29th Nov 2015
Source : Interim - November 2015, The Wine Advocate

The Ordoñez family, Jorge and his sister Victoria, were the first to try and produce a dry, crisp wine from 100% Muscatel de Alexandria in Malaga. This area is known for historic, sweet wines, with ancient history stretching back to 600 B.C. for viticulture. These steep, almost unreal hillside vineyards are planted in decomposed red slate, with a mixture of white quartz. They are complex soils, but the Botani has turned out to be an incredible success story and a great value. The 2014 Botani is light-bodied, shows flowery, fragrant notes with hints of flint, wet stones, plenty of perfumed citrus, orange blossom, tangerine oil and caramelized lemons. Almost all of this is aged in stainless steel, with about one-fifth in older wood, but this spent seven months on its lees prior to bottling. The 2014 is a beautiful wine, as it has been in the past, a dry Muscat that is a killer aperitif or a refreshing white wine. Drink it over the next year.

Is this their Moscatel Secco?

Yup.

That’s a very nice one.

Dry Muscat is common in Alsace and Alto Adige, pretty much all of the ones I’ve had were very good to excellent.

Heidi Schrock’s is worth tracking down.

http://www.skurnik.com/sku/gelber-muskateller-heidi-schrock-2/

Gramona Gessami is a blend but reminds me of the Botani.

http://www.europeancellars.com/wine/gessami/

I swear, I just found out:

Botani Moscatel Seco de Malaga 2010, $21 (Pine State). Jorge Ordonez is known for importing massive, bold, often high-alcohol and super-concentrated wines from Spain. They’re often not for me. But I can’t resist this wine, a collaboration of Ordonez’s family and that of the legendary Austrian Alois Kracher. It comes from old vines in the Malaga mountains’ slate-rich soil, from the Malaga-specific variety of Muscat.

With a touch of residual sugar though it doesn’t come off sweet, it’s flat-out sexy wine. Not elegant sexy. Lusty, slippery, gettin’-down sexy. Kind of a two-night stand, where you wake up in the morning and still want to hang out together. Teeming with flavors of tropics and ripe flowers, orange, blood orange and toast, the Botani is for ardent, eager drinking.