[eater] Every Spring 2017 Cookbook That Matters

I know that February isn’t “Spring” but I have to recommend Andrea Nguyen’s “The Pho Cookbook.” Which just went into its fourth printing.

http://www.vietworldkitchen.com/blog/about_andrea_nguyen.html

I will probably check out “On Vegetables”. Hopefully it’s not another book where everything is roasted.

And “Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat” might be interesting.

I never read California Dish / Start the Fire, that would probably be good for some laughs.

I already have too many cookbooks and people keep giving us more.

I purged a fair number a few years ago when a particular CH purged hundreds.

Please elaborate. :slight_smile:

In what regard? How I made the decision? I used to have a bunch of the Sunset magazines annual cookbooks. Also some old church/women’s club books. Trying to remember. If it was something that I hadn’t used in some years I donated. Libraries love cookbooks. they can either put them in their collection or sell them. A popular item.

You were inspired by a particular CHer?

breadcrumbs and The Dairy Queen.

1 Like

I own fifteen cookbooks. Three are from college: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook, The Fannie Farmer Baking Book, and Persian Cuisine by M. R. Ghanoonpaevar (I wanted to cook Persian food as well as my boyfriend’s mother did. Silly me.)

I bought an ancient copy of Larousse Gastronomique at a used bookstore in S.F. when I was 25, and I still have it.

The rest were gifts that I consider worthy of not throwing away, Washoku, for example. Though I’ll probably be getting rid of Ruhlman’s Twenty soon.

I may have about 40 and I think it’s time to take a look at some of them. I have several of Batali’s earlier ones, all of Andrea Nguyen’s. I have a few I’ve never cooked from and a couple I’ve barely even looked at.

Some people own hundreds! You’re okay. :wink:

Oh, and I know some of those people. One is a poster here who I shall allow to remain anonymous :slight_smile:

Just 40 :wink: ? - Cookbooks are great to explore the world of food - you should buy more.

1 Like

Get thee behind me, Satan!