ESGV Updates (Rowland Hts., Hacienda Hts., etc.)

Northern Cuisine was jam packed. Wonder what they’re selling (besides) noodles and dumplings.

1 Like

“Peking” duck and seafood.

Oh, and 50% off entire tab for Grand Opening.

1 Like

wowey.

Yeah, Northern Chinese was absolutely packed on Saturday. Would it be accurate to say it’s sort of pan-Chinese menu? When I went by while they were readying for the opening, there were more Dongbei-style items represented in window photos.

Remy’s Noodle Palace on Gale has flipped in the past couple of weeks into Ludingji Rice Noodles.

1 Like

Menu says they have HK Milk Tea made with stocking.

Could be fake Canto based on what some other yelpers reported

Mandarin speaking staff, simplified Chinese characters, and “Hongkong” instead of Hong Kong seem more like a smoking fake Canto gun.

Yummy University in Rowland Heights

JJ Bakery has been doing it before but one of the few places to get Taiwanese burgers and sandwiches for breakfast or lunch.

“Mei Er Mei”

Or you can go the more traditional route and hit up Yi Mei across the street.

@JThur01
@ipsedixit

Any other Mei Er Mei places in SGV?

Breadfish’s pork chop rice looks pretty damn good of course I have to give it a taste

1 Like

Not that immediately spring to mind, but I’ll defer to ipsedixit on this one.

What about the pork floss and egg sandwich from The Noodle?

Didn’t spring immediately to mind, that’s why I deferred to you :laughing:

Korean Fried Chicken Alert: Running Chicks recently opened in that megastripmall across the street from Mt Sac in Walnut. Mostly wings. Mostly good. By my count, there are over 20 different restaurants in that strip mall.

Picture from Yelp but basically looks exactly like what I got yesterday:

Mister Bossam is down for the count.

Not sure if this was reported or not or if this even belongs here, but oh well and Chino Hills is close enough to SGV.

The march East continues… Longo Seafood is now in soft opening in Chino Hills at the old Green Island location.

I got the lobster e-fu noodles, stir fry filet with mushroom and some greens with garlic. The lobster e-fu noodles were decent, a great deal at $22 for 2 whole lobsters along with noodles. The ginger was not peeled; I am no expert but isn’t the ginger usually peeled? No wok hei at all, good flavor and average tasting lobster. The beef was a bit bland and needed salt, the greens were cooked well but could use more garlic flavor. They are still in soft opening so I’ll give them a break on execution until they are in full swing.

Perhaps @chandavkl will be going for dim sum soon. I may try it soon but not in any rush.

1 Like

Yikes! I only get to Chino Hills maybe once a year and I was there this week checking out the 99 Ranch Market new store and food court.

Darn! I guess I’ll see how it goes one of these days although I think ill wait a few more weeks after their soft opening ends so they get operations running smoothly and give them a fair shake.

any place to go on a TUESDAY lunch near hacienda heights (cindy’s kitchen is closed on tuesdays, so is malan noodles, i understand) ? i have to be out that way for the next 5-6 weeks, i was thinking maybe S&W (shanghai-ese) off fullerton. earthen is still in HH, of course.

If you don’t mind driving a little further to Rowland Heights, there’s Little Shanghai in the food court just next to Mian (and in the same strip mall as Newport Seafood).

Then there’s Northern Cuisine and Seafood Palace in the strip mall by Albatross and Colima in Hacienda Heights…

A little further east
XLB Dumpling Bar - haven’t been but there were some reports on another thread
Off Nogales - Kang Ho Dong, Sun Nung Don and Happy Harbour