Europane - An Old Favorite in Pasadena

ok thanks. I was hoping somebody would confirm that since I’m 4 blocks from there and can walk over.

1 Like

My understanding is that they are owned by the same people (or at least were).

1 Like

Might I suggest dining at one, then walking to and dining at the other…just to verify that they’re the same?

5 Likes

I asked the people behind the counter and they said its the same restaurant. It was very busy today and it looked like every other person was having the egg salad sandwich for Lent.

The egg salad was simple and delicious. I don’t think there are many ingredients besides eggs, salt, mayo and chives. It felt like I ate about 5 eggs on this baby.

9 Likes

“Be still, my beating heart…”

1 Like

Went yesterday even though I had heard they were under new ownership. I was a little sad. Upon further thought, I find that I didn’t like it let alone love it. Too much mayo.

1 Like

yes, that looks too wet. the beauty of the original was that the eggs were undercooked and runny, so less need for mayo. shame.

5 Likes

Whoa thats a lot of mayo especially when compared to my picture from March 2017. Such a great sandwich hopefully this is an anomaly.

I’ll be making visits in this neighborhood in the next couple of months. I’ll try it, again, next time. Will report back to verify.

1 Like

that looks nothing like the OG egg salad sandwich.

I had to look back and review a photo that I had of it back in 2016.

It is indeed not the same.

I haven’t been able to stop by europane in years but it would be so sad if the egg sandwich was no longer as glorious as it once was.

Sadly not an anomoly. Here’s a picture from last week.

Jesus…that looks even worse than the mess I got. How sad.
Did you have a chance to tell them they delivered the wrong item to you? I wonder what happened…and I don’t even like egg salad.

RIP Europane egg salad sandwich.

Even the lemon bars have not been the same since Sumi left.

2 Likes

Welcome back @ipsedixit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This sandwich looks a little better. From the Eater LA IG feed. Not sure when the picture was taken.

2014 era for reference

2 Likes

The 2019 version still seems wetter with a lot more egg yolks.