Europane - An Old Favorite in Pasadena

I had to look back and review a photo that I had of it back in 2016.

It is indeed not the same.

I haven’t been able to stop by europane in years but it would be so sad if the egg sandwich was no longer as glorious as it once was.

Sadly not an anomoly. Here’s a picture from last week.

Jesus…that looks even worse than the mess I got. How sad.
Did you have a chance to tell them they delivered the wrong item to you? I wonder what happened…and I don’t even like egg salad.

RIP Europane egg salad sandwich.

Even the lemon bars have not been the same since Sumi left.

2 Likes

Welcome back @ipsedixit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This sandwich looks a little better. From the Eater LA IG feed. Not sure when the picture was taken.

2014 era for reference

2 Likes

The 2019 version still seems wetter with a lot more egg yolks.

Perhaps, but it still seems all sorts of wrong (incl being too yellow overall).

1 Like

I’ll wait to return for the egg salad sandwich only when somebody here takes one for the team.

I was on jury duty recently so I dropped in and tried the egg salad sandwich (touted on their menu as their “famous” egg salad etc.). It was a decent sandwich, but not the same as back in Sumi’s day. The bread was room temp. The eggs (three scoops) were out of some refrigerator or other chilled container. Not what I had in mind.
Another day I returned and had a tuna melt. This was warm. It had real melted gruyere on it. Better than the egg salad but nothing great.

Thanks for the report @mcmichael. Really sad to hear of their downhill status. :frowning:

1 Like

Amen.

1 Like