Excellent Chongqing Chicken, Noodles and Dumplings Arrive at Best Noodle House! [Review]

Hi @Srsly,

Sorry I just realized I never replied to your question. :sweat_smile: I have no idea if there’s a connection to the dish at Xi An Tasty, but it does look kind of similar. I might have to try it the next time we’re in the area. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Is the chicken a cold or hot dish?

The Mouth Water Chicken? That one is cold / chilled, but quite good as is.

1 Like

No, it’s not.

Best Noodle House serves Youpo noodles (or /油泼面), whereas Xi An Tasty makes a Halal version of Youpo Noodles more commonly called biang biang noodles, which is more properly a Shaanxi specialty.

2 Likes

My god that looks amazing. All of it.

Semi-related, has anyone been to this 4.5* Corner Beef Noodle House below it?

1 Like

Just a few of us.

1 Like

Ooooooooh this place. Thanks for the refresher. I should get reacquainted with the search feature.

Thanks for the clarification @ipsedixit. :slight_smile:

@Ns1, I think you might like Best Noodle House; give it a try the next time you’re in the SGV. :wink:

Oh, and it’s only a few minutes away from HP Pho Ga Bac Ninh and that awesome Chicken Pho they have there! :grin:

2 Likes

@ipsedixit @Chowseeker1999 Thank you for this! I have since visited (and really enjoyed!) Best Noodle House, and I did find the Youpo noodles pretty similar to (and just as delicious as) the biang biang noodles I’ve had around, despite the different names.

And it may not be worth anything significant, but on the wikipedia page for biangbiang noodles (which surprisingly is a real thing that exists), it lists 油潑扯麵 (yóupō chěmiàn) as an alternative Chinese name of the dish. I know absolutely nothing of the language, but thought that was interesting. From an abbreviated google search, it does seem like Youpo noodles are also a Shaanxi specialty. Regardless, great restaurant, great dish.

1 Like

Hi @Srsly,

Really glad you liked Best Noodle House. Thanks for the notes on biangbiang noodles.

Time for a FTC biangbiang in the SGV…

4 Likes

looks like it’ll be getting the gold treatment soon

2 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Nice! What did you think of your visit? :slight_smile: Did you like the Mouth Water Chicken?

I haven’t been yet, but it’s on my list. That picture was supposed to be a link to jgold’s instagram, it’s fixed now.

3 Likes

Oh! I see. Thanks. :slight_smile:

DOWNHILL ALERT!!

Chef left to open a new restaurant in Rowland Heights; page 2 of the menu is all GONE! Which includes the wondrous Gele Mountain Fried Chicken and other House Specials.

Ordering Youpo Noodle to see if that’s still good, but needless to say I’m devastated about the loss of my fried chicken :sob:

EDIT: The Youpo Noodle was not as good as before, either. Noodles overcooked, not toothsome, and the overall flavor of the dish was watered-down and bland compared to before.

Server said they will be adding more menu next week, so since they’ve been so kind up until now, I’ll give the new menu a shot, but overall I’m more interested in finding out where in Rowland Heights the now-former chef is opening his new restaurant.

Godfuckingdamnit.

word of advice, unless youre near death, stay away from the levaquins, "floxins!

:cry:

Crushing. At least I got the chance to try the cold-steamed chicken once; may it forever haunt my dreams.