Excellent Chongqing Chicken, Noodles and Dumplings Arrive at Best Noodle House! [Review]

I so admire your tenacity and dedication in your posts. I feel like Chongqing found this thread and literally cleaned up their act.
Thanks for the great reporting!

4 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Thanks! Yah it was fried, subtly crisp, really fragrant with the chilies and cumin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI @Ns1,

I asked one of my Chinese-speaking friends to ask for you: In speaking with the owner she said that they don’t use any peanut oil in cooking, and the only dishes they add peanuts to (Kung Pao Chicken / Shrimp and a couple of the Noodle Dishes) can be omitted if you tell them ahead of time.

She also said they don’t chop the peanuts on the same chopping board or anything.

Hopefully this helps.

1 Like

Thanks @attran99. :slight_smile: But I think it’s probably just due to all the feedback from strongoxman and many other customers that helped change them around.

1 Like

You sir are a gentleman and scholar.

1 Like

i recall suggesting some sort of similar thing of checking with management and getting a response that considered that approach to be something bordering on naive. i hope that doesn’t prove to be the case here.

New dish! Quite good! Not on the menu, and no picture on the wall, but it’s green chili with red chili and beef with the dry noodle-- owner lady told me to try it. Very spicy! :fire: Think Thai spicy, not Sichuan ma la.

3 Likes

Any recent visits/intel on BNH vs CCSN?

I went to Chongqing Special Noodle about a month ago, and it was not good. I’ve vowed not to return. As for Best Noodle, no, I haven’t been in a while, but I’d like to.