Fantastic Falafel and Flavorful Chicken Shawarma and Pargiot - Legit Israeli Street Food at Ta-Eem Grill! [Thoughts + Pics]

The green and red schug is great.

Yeah the service was jarring. It made me tipping 20% at the counter to be honest :confused: oh wellā€¦

Sorry to hear that hope it doesnā€™t stop you from going again itā€™s still one of my favorite regular weeknight/cheap eat places.

Try the pargiot next time.

Hmm, i didnā€™t feel the meal was particularly cheap. I kind of feel like Iā€™d rather spend the extra couple bucks to go eat at Bavel honestly. Might be $70 bucks versus $100 on food but service at Bavel is immaculate and the food is tastier/higher quality to my palate.

But maybe worthwhile for an individual falafel sandwich (Bavel doesnā€™t make them). Maybe Iā€™ll try the parigot too though.

I am kind of baffled by how the price came even close to Bavel, I just got stuffed there for $13, a near-impossibility at Bavelā€¦

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s definitely less aggressively spiced than other Israeli-style shawarma places.

Uh did you order the whole menu. Each plate I ask about 18 dollars tax inclusive.

I was charged tax on top of my plate prices. Only the falafel plate was $18. Other plates are $20-$23. Fries are $4.

I guess I tipped too high. Still about $80 for three plates and fries.

Not really what I think of as a wildly cheap meal but maybe Iā€™m just out of touch. I donā€™t really mind the cost, just my thoughts.

Just with reality.

3 Likes

How many people did those 3 plates feed? Last time I went, one plate of shawarma was enough food for 2 people. In comparison, my last meal at Bavel was ~$80pp.

1 Like

So what is eating at a truck like Leoā€™s tacos of $80 for lunch is cheap?

Itā€™s possible the fact that we didnā€™t get and seemed unable to procure any more pita at Ta-Eem maybe made the meal eat lighter. But $80 for 3 people. A single plate seemed like it would only feed 1 hungry adult to me.

What are you ordering that you spend $80 per person on food alone at Bavel?

The past three times Iā€™ve been have also been with 3 people eating and on food we have always spent about $110-$130 for all 3 of us.

It sounds like the prices have gone up since I was last there (probably in March). I just checked their menu (online) and the pargiot is almost $18ā€”it used to be approx $14.

For my appetite, the serving size of their plates is 2-3 meals (it includes large servings of Israeli salads, hummus and pita). I would say that even with the price increase, itā€™s still very good QPR.

I was there a month ago. For two people, with one drink each, was $185. Pita with hummus and babaganoush; harissa prawns; lamb shwarma; cauliflower. Tax, tip, 1 drink each and weā€™re at $90 a person.

This is the same kind of trolling debate you used to do under your old forum name, so obviously a bit of a waste of time.

2 Likes

Hi @Haeldaur,

Do not feed theā€¦

1 Like

Price per plate is 17.95 plus tax which comes out to 19 something post tax. I usually share 1 plate with my partner or if I go for lunch I can have 2 meals with an extra pita to go. Sorry you couldnā€™t get extra pitas.

Maybe not your cup of tea but for me under 20 bucks out the door is a good affordable cheap meal for two.

But yeah not even comparable in price to bavel.

1 Like

So youā€™re including $20 cocktails in the price?

Good lies though.

The dishes you named would be $12 + $14 + $24 + $40 + $17 = $109 * 30% = $142

You eat a bit more than I do but okā€¦ $142/2 is not $71, not too close to $80 unless your rounding up is pretty intense.

If Ta-Eem had $20 cocktails like Bavel their total wouldā€™ve been $140 if we all had one drink.

So $140 versus $185 if you include these theoretical drinks?

Lol so angry about food @foodrogue

was weird walking out with a box of 9 orders today. 8 shawarmas and 1 fava bean / hummus for us (itā€™s amaaazin)

won some fancy socks for white elephant.

2 Likes