Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

Is it there often?

Everyday 4pm to midnight.

15421 Parthenia St
North Hills, CA 91343

It’s 1/2 block west of Sepulveda on Parthenia, in a parking lot next to a gas station… I think it’s a 76 station.

3 Likes

@Kalivs, I got those hours from Apple Maps they had hours listed. But I am driving by right now at 2:50p on a Saturday and they are open.

3 Likes

Las Fuentes for Gr8pimpin’s “Plato Dieta Cetogénica”

Their version of pastor (more like adovada to me) substitute rice and beans for salad add poblano chile strips and sour cream and a few cups of salsas. If you’re watching carbs you can order a meat portion of either tacos, burritos or a plate like I had.

7 Likes
  • Went to Leo’s yesterday at 8pm no trompo. Drove off.

• Drove by Prime Pizza today, signage is up.

3 Likes

They were featured in an LA Taco article today. LA Taco declares on FB, “Here’s our new favorite tamales joint in the Valley.”

3 Likes

OK, so I’m out driving aimlessly, with doggy in the backseat. I’m driving down Vanowen St., East, and just before Whitsett I notice this sign.

Is salsa and beer opening a third location? It would fit, since it’s really small and has zero parking.

I mean, it’s a strip mall.

3 Likes

Hope this is true!

There was no coming soon sign out front. At first I thought maybe this was like their commissary (like for catering) or something. it had a one of those steel gate-thingies that you pull closed and lock in front of the door.

Here’s a photo I found online:

I saw that as well and wondered. Doesn’t seem to have any construction going on.

Right, it doesn’t . that’s why I think maybe it’s their catering commissary. The only thing that threw me was that the sign over the door and below the regular sign, says restaurante familiar.

I’m going to check it out this weekend and snoop around. Worst case I’ll do my laundry and get a bottle of ripple next door.

1 Like

i’ve never been to salsa & beer despite their notoriety. FTC certified?

it’s the finest example of it’s type (ie mexican american)

1 Like

Just the name itself reminds me of the rosarito hangout for teenagers papas and beer

3 Likes

Their claim: “Salsa and Beer serves authentic mexican food from jerez zacatecaz”

I’m from Miami, not Zacatecas, what do I know from authentic? LOL.

Great place, though. NoHo location not Van Nuys (Lake Balboa).

Years ago, where the Lake Balboa restaurant currently sits was a restaurant named “Papas & Beer” — and they were either sold to the current S&B owners or were forced to change their name.

1 Like

Haha that’s a great factoid!

1 Like

it’s similar to the sausage i’ve had recently at northern thai food club.

and it’s still there. a little surprised that so few of you here have apparently tried it. i was back today and tried the lao style pho. if you judge it by how it compares to vietnamese style pho, you might be disappointed, but i found the broth to be different and familiar at the same time. you are also expected to spice it according to your own personal taste, and they provide some serious weapons grade sauces.

Because it’s all the way out there and there is 3 Laotian spots in OC, with 2 of them literally minutes away by car.

1 Like

Prime buildout update

Leo’s NoHo update:
Drove by at Tuesday 7pm. No trompo and no customers. Drove off.

2 Likes

Gotta say, I think I’m over Leo’s.

2 Likes