Favorites at Trader Joe's?

Thanks SO much. What about in something like this?

Yes, the pasteurized (not ultra-pasteurized) cream would be perfect for that recipe. Enjoy.

Thanks. I donā€™t generally keep cream on hand so this would be a nice addition to my ā€˜just got home and nothing to cook.ā€™

When I lived in Italy I used to keep UHT cream on hand. It was good for cooking.

You can substitute whipping cream for heavy cream if you donā€™t mind the additives.

1 Like

As an aside, when you lived in Italy, is that how milk was packaged? In Rio, so I assume all of Brazil, all milk is in tetrapaks, and maximum of one liter. Most was room temp but they kept some refrigerated. Iā€™ve never thought to ask anyone if kids donā€™t guzzle milk :slight_smile:

In Italy, both shelf-stable and refrigerated fresh milk come in used to come in boxes. Fresh now comes in plastic bottles or in cartons with screwcaps.

1 Like

I add a dollop of yoghurt

1 Like

This.

They were sampling it - I try a number of things that way. Itā€™s got a ā€œmarinadeā€ that you remove the fish from. Cook over medium two minutes a side covered, then add the marinade and cook one minute over low. It was really good and Iā€™ll be getting more for the freezer.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh. I need to find those - now!

1 Like

I think I hate you for bringing those to my attention. I will curse your name when I scarf down the entire box in one sitting.

3 Likes

Cheap white taste-off: four Marlborough Sauvignon Blancs, a Western Cape blend, and a Hungarian GrĆ¼ner.

Results please??

Weā€™ve been pleased with the Sauvignon Republic and Picton Bay or Tuatea will do in a pinch. Havenā€™t tried the others.

Havenā€™t even opened them yet.

I think the $6 Raorao is the winner. I donā€™t like the 2017 Sauvignon Republic ($8? $9) as much as previous vintages.

Comparing them tonight, I like the Tuatea as much as the Picton Bay, so since itā€™s a dollar cheaper thatā€™s my #2.

1 Like

Also on the beer/wine front, the Providential Golden Ale is an insanely good deal. Itā€™s brewed by one of my favorite breweries, Unibroue, and only about $5 a bottle. Unibroue also brews La Fin Du Monde, possibly my favorite beer ever, which TJs also carries at a very reasonable price.

Thanks. Will look fir it soon.

Several days later, definitely the still very drinkable $5 Mbali over the $5 Hungarian Gruner, which may mostly go down the drain.

1 Like

Two of our local TJs checked so far. Neither has the Raorao. :o(

Thanks for the heads up! I rarely by beer at TJā€™s but Unibroue is one of my favorite breweries as well. Will check this one out