Felix - Venice

Oh for Pete’s sake. The food already has enough of the effing potassium in it. #givethosepoorkidneysabreakandjustdrinkwater

How was it?

1 Like

ooops sorry, forgot to do a report back.

the meal was great.
we ordered the foccacia bread, the squash blossoms, salad with almonds, the bolognese, cacio e pepe, daviola pizza, and the rib eye cap.
i definitely want to go back and eat more pastas

our whole table didn’t find the food to be that salty, except maybe the rib eye.

service was fine, except the bar area was crowded and kinda hectic. its hard to order drinks when there are people sitting there eating food (I also like the Felix logo on the ice cube). Once you’re seated at your table, service was great

i do plan on going back, they’re probably my favorite pasta place right now. (i keep thinking about the pasta and their texture)

edit: thanks for the recs @PorkyBelly i would’ve ordered everything you said but the table wanted to order too.

3 Likes

Funke now on prime:
https://www.amazon.com/Funke-Evan/dp/B07YL8TMXZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=funke&qid=1570257737&s=instant-video&sr=1-2

1 Like

Anybody want to be my carb eating proxy? Reservation for 2, this saturday at 5:45 available.

1 Like

I’ll take it!

Went to Felix had the sfincione, prosciutto and arugula pizza, rigatoni , pesto orichietti, and the bologonese. Thx @PorkyBelly for the Rez.

Favorite pasta was the rigatoni ala amatriciana with a great texture and chew and a smoky porcine flavor. Pizza was very good they used high quality prosciutto and the di bufala moZzerella was fresh and amazingly creamy. Didn’t cut which I guess is traditional but annoying.

Pesto on the orichietti was interesting also great chew but pesto was a little bitter since they used a broccoli rabe, I believe. Bologense was a very mushy noodle but at least the ragu was flavorful. Both the amatriciana and the bolognese were a bit in the salty side but not salt bombs.

Favorite item sadly was the sfincione light airy buttery and crisp.

I’ve only gone one time so this may be unfair but I don’t really get the hype. My friend whom I went with lives in the neighborhood and has gone multiple times also shared my sentiment. While the meal was enjoyable nothing wowed aside from sfincione. Orchietti and rigatoni pastas both had great textures but the sauces were not to die for. I enjoy pasta sisters much more at more than half the price and for higher end pasta places mozza or bestia are definitely preferable for me. And for pizza there are many other spots that do a better pie.

5 Likes

Felix was better back when it first opened…

4 Likes

Felix was amazing when they first opened, it’s just not good anymore for the price, they dropped off…Downhill alert big time

3 Likes

In what ways has it gone downhill, in your opinion? I’ve been 5 times, equally spread from right when it opened to fairly recently. Haven’t noticed much of a change in quality.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97a2gHHTcT/

2 Likes

Orders online are only processed during the open hours window. It won’t let you order ahead of time…so you can only see the menu and hit submit between 11AM-9:30PM. I processed my order at 11AM and got confirmation that everything would be ready by 11:25AM.

1 Like

Is Felix doing delivery?

Their website mentions delivery. But I order direct and pick up because I know they make more money via this means. I’d call to check or check their website.

3 Likes

yes there’s a delivery link on their website

1 Like

But you have to wait for them to open up in order to order. They only take orders during business hours. No ordering at 9PM for the next day or 10AM for dinner.

1 Like

I think they take phone orders starting about Noon.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_RBRkSp8y2/

3 Likes

The casarecce with sausage sugo was absolutely delicious. And even better than some of the pastas I’ve had dining in. Even reheated, the focaccia is still my favorite in the city. the pizza was great too with a flavorful crispy, chewy crust and tangy sauce. @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @NYCtoLA, @Hungrydrunk, @chewchow, @CiaoBob, @JeetKuneBao

#covid15

casarecce, sausage sugo, broccolini,
peperoncino & pecorino romano

Excellent with a bit more heat from the peperoncino than anything I remember having dining in.

sfincione - focaccia siciliana, rosemary, sea salt & olive oil
Finished this with some evoo, next time I’ll add some more fleur de sel.

diavola - fior di latte, pomodoro, salame piccante, basil & olio santo

12 Likes

Hi @PorkyBelly,

Looks wonderful, thanks! :blush: Did the Focaccia and Pizza hold up OK to eat at home? Or did you need to re-heat it?

Can’t wait to try the Casarecce!

1 Like