Filet o Hashbrown

That’s not this place on Venice at Westwood?

https://www.bajacaliforniatacos.com

sadly. no. different logo

five locations: four in WSGV & one in long beach,

and since we’re talking cheap, i did carnitas el momo for lunch today and asked for extra tortillas. they gave me 9 extra (free). so i made 12 tacos out of 3 for $7.50.the down side was the smaller tacos weren’t always an aporkalyse mix of skin, carnitas and…buche (?). i am skipping dinner tonight.

7 Likes

Don’t most McD places have the 2 for 4.50 sausage muffin deal?

I think that’s brilliant! Not the ketchup on fries however.

1 Like

Bob thinks that he pays 2 for $3…in Reno.

Sir, it seems to me that you are WINNING. Slathering the filet-o-crap w/ hot sauce might be just enough for me to try it again (esp w/ the hashbrown).

3 Likes

where is the half slice of cheese product on that monstrosity?

We have TONS of such things in zipping bags in the fridge. (Sorry. Off-topic.)

1 Like

I got your cheese right here

1 Like

@paranoidgarliclover LMAO!

Cheese was on the underside. Monstrosity Is a good word for this. There was no one in line ahead of me or behind me, but I had to wait 10 minutes in the “dunce parking spot” for two of these.

They looked like they were hastily prepared and were utterly drowned in tarter sauce, like the cook used a ladle. I removed a little before adding the hot sauce and it still looks thick.

Does Del Taco hot sauce go bad??? I assume many condiments from fast-food joints are immune to issues of freshness…

Ohmigod, that’s so gross that the pictured version was the more LIGHTLY dressed version (and I like tartar sauce…).

1 Like

I know someone who worked at Golden State Foods…the local sauce producer for Del Taco, McDonald’s…and a few other chains. I was told that they run production for each customer days at a time, package it up and store it in their facility. It ships out whenever the customer needs it. The shelf life on it is incredible…like 2-4 years.

2 Likes

Like Twinkies. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No way. Twinkies shelf life is 30+ years. It’s up there with first growth Bordeaux. Except Twinkies don’t get better with age.

2 Likes

We ain’t dead yet :slight_smile: We most have ‘hot sauce’ from various places and spicy mustard from McDs.

Re Twinkies, IMneverHO that should be the ultimate “ding-ding-ding, we have a winner” on Food Talk Confessions. “I ate a Twinkie.”

Lookie lookie…

Yeah that came after. Been trying to hit that all week to no avail.

I did have another FoHB tonight though. It’s stupid how good that thing tastes.

2 Likes

It’s the FTC gift that always keeps giving.

Just saw this:

3 Likes