Fois Gras - Where Do You Plan To Eat Your Final Best Bites in Los Angeles?

Time to gorge ourselves like geese before a long migration.

Please share your favorite fois gras dishes at local restaurants.

Petit Trois’s terrine was as good as the best I’ve had in France, and the toast was better. But it hasn’t been on the menu the last couple of times I went there.

I’ll call. I’ve never seen it on the menu, but I love that place. I’m guessing Chef Ludo will probably offer it in massive quantities until zero day.

Animal
raku
republique

1 Like

A FOOD AFFAIR
Foie Gras Fait Maison—
armagnac, figue confit, fleur de sel

https://www.afoodaffair.com/eat/

In OC:

Recess Room: PB&J Foie Gras.
Pueblo: Whatever’s on (or off) the menu.
Scotchery: Foie Gras Creme Brulee.

Whatever else I can find.

Hi @Bookwich,

Aburiya Raku, just posted up pics last night. Their Foie Gras grilled over Binchotan Charcoal and the amazing Foie Gras Chawanmushi (Steamed Egg Custard). :slight_smile:

LQ Foodings. Chef Laurent is a wizard with foie gras.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the Scotchery is no longer in business. However Marche Moderne has reopened at Crystal Cove and, for the moment at least, still offers foie gras.

Bummer. I hadn’t seen that. I thought the space was a little awkward, but the food was good, and it was a good value.

you can buy huge ones at the FM and sear for your self… a simple jam/lemon/butter sauce and bob’s your aunty

ANd it tolerates freezing pretty well. We got a full lobe from NY a year or so ago, cut it into several portions and enjoyed it for several months. Such a treat!

I just had a foie gras biscuit and gravy at Animal for brunch. I have to get to the doctor for a dose of Lipitor, but it was worth it. The gravy was cream gravy, without the gravy, and the biscuit had some sort of maple flavoring. I like my foie presentations a little on the sweet side so this was great in my book. But, seriously, it was soooooo fatty and rich. I know that’s the point of foie, but I had a hard time finishing it.

The shabu shabu style foie gras at Urasawa is memorable, mainly because the foie gras flavor is so dominant in the broth in which it’s briefly cooked. I find the foie gras itself borderline disgusting.