Fort Oak - Mission Hills

If this is anything like its sister Trust, it’ll be a great addition to the Mission Hills restaurant cluster – a must-go destination for all of us who greatly enjoy Trust, save for the awful indoor noise level.

For a number of reasons I’ve been watching this property take shape over the last year or so.

The rotunda building out front that they’re touting as an old Ford dealership isn’t exactly accurate. For the last 25 years before the property was sold, it was the home to The Frame Station, one of the preeminent framers in San Diego. But original Ford dealership has more panache than a frame shop and car repair center.

Twice a week I work out with a personal trainer at Fitness Together, which is across the street from The Patio on Goldfinch. Depending upon where I found parking I often saw the corner of Hawk and Ft. Stockton under construction.

The new building is a concrete abomination and totally not compatible with the rest of the architecture in the area. BUT…the only saving grace for me was that the Trust Restaurant Group was going in on the ground floor. I, for one, can hardly wait to try it. In a few hours I’m leaving for 3 weeks in Mexico, I’m hoping by the time I get back that they’ve worked out any opening kinks, as I plan to head over and check it out

We’ll probably be able to get to Ft. Oak before you get back. We too are headed to Mexico in the not-too-distant future. Our trip to La Grande Ciudad de Mexico last year was great. The food there just keeps ascending.