France and French cuisine

I specialize in French cuisine and would be interested in discussing anything related. I live in France and Switzerland, but am also interested in French restaurants in other places.

Welcome JenollGal.

You might also want to post a similar query on our international board (or “Rest of World”).

In any event, glad you’re here.

Bienvenue, Jonell. I love traveling to France, but I think you’ll find that most French restaurants in the US are not necessarily true French cuisine.

Are we restricted to talking about French cuisine in the U.S. on this message board?

No, not at all.

Jonell, to be honest the title of this board can seem a little confusing. If you look at the top of the page, it says France and French cuisine – so it would seem that this specific message board is for exactly that: anything in France AND anything related to French cuisine (as in home cooking?) regardless of what or where.

But immediately below that, it says Rest of the world > France which would seem to me that this board would be geographically limited to restaurants which are IN France, and anything to do with preparing French cuisine in a home setting. That said, I would think if one were to discuss, for example, a French restaurant in Manhattan, it would be best discussed on the New York board.

Perhaps @robert will clarify.

The “France and French cuisine” topic was started on Site Feedback or somewhere. After I created the France board, I moved it here.

Thanks. If the board is only about French restaurants in the U.S., this forum is probably not for me, since I live in Europe. Be well.

This category is for France, not French food in the US.

@JonellGal – that’s what I thought.

@robert Thanks for the clarification – it’s the addition of " . . . and French Cuisine" which causes the confusion. Perhaps those words should be deleted?

This is just a topic, not a board.

Oh. Right. My bad. It’s the new layout and my inexperience with it. Sorry . . .

I think I’m not intelligent enough to use this site in the end. Thanks!

It’s a work in progress.